Aha. Found it:
https://github.com/flaviuvlaicu/opnsense-topo-map
I had a look at the code. The plugin does not actually discover the network topology. It merely collects clients from ARP/Kea; the relationships between clients, switches and APs are then defined manually by the user via drag & drop and stored in topology.json.
There is no LLDP, SNMP, switch MAC-table or controller data being queried. Therefore, the plugin cannot determine which switch/port a client is actually connected through, nor can it detect when a wireless client roams from one AP to another.
So essentially, it is a graphical network diagram editor with an automatically populated client list, not an automatic topology discovery tool.
That said, I would be rather cautious about installing software from arbitrary GitHub repositories on an OPNsense firewall.
https://github.com/flaviuvlaicu/opnsense-topo-map
I had a look at the code. The plugin does not actually discover the network topology. It merely collects clients from ARP/Kea; the relationships between clients, switches and APs are then defined manually by the user via drag & drop and stored in topology.json.
There is no LLDP, SNMP, switch MAC-table or controller data being queried. Therefore, the plugin cannot determine which switch/port a client is actually connected through, nor can it detect when a wireless client roams from one AP to another.
So essentially, it is a graphical network diagram editor with an automatically populated client list, not an automatic topology discovery tool.
That said, I would be rather cautious about installing software from arbitrary GitHub repositories on an OPNsense firewall.
"