Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Greelan

#1
Quote from: franco on September 30, 2026, 08:45:55 AMbut a breaking change
The main breaking change is the change of the default config location from /usr/local/etc/ to /usr/local/etc/ddclient/.
#2
The real issue is how the ddclient version that OPNsense bundles parses and filters per-provider options. That has been fixed in ddclient 4.0. Stripping the commas and backslashes "works" because ddclient then interprets the options as global and doesn't filter them, but if you had multiple providers configured this would potentially interfere with others.

The real solution is for 4.0 to be shipped with OPNsense (it is already in ports), with some changes in the plugin to accommodate it.
#3
Among other enhancements, the Notify plugin now has a regular summary reporting function. A channel can be set up to generate a daily, weekly or monthly summary of the firewall's status, its events, firewall blocks, traffic and system health (as selected by the user): by email as a formatted report with graphs, elsewhere as a short text linking to the full report on the firewall, which also keeps an archive of them.
#4
General Discussion / Re: Regular Summary Report via Email
September 28, 2026, 06:27:47 AM
This reporting functionality has now been added to my Notify plugin.
#5
General Discussion / Re: Regular Summary Report via Email
September 26, 2026, 02:13:27 AM
I am looking at adding a summary reporter to my notify plugin, as it sits well alongside the existing functionality.
#6
Quote from: Akruidenberg on September 25, 2026, 06:40:37 PMI cant update to the latest release.

Have you resolved this now?

If not:

pkg clean -ay && pkg update -f
#7
Development and Code Review / S3 backup plugin
September 25, 2026, 11:48:07 AM
I've created a plugin that adds S3-compatible object storage (AWS S3, Backblaze B2, Cloudflare R2, Wasabi, MinIO and others) as a backup destination option to System > Configuration > Backups.

See my website.
#8
I've just created a new plugin: Notify.

It uses Apprise as the backend, to allow push notifications about a bunch of different system events to be sent to any of the over 140 services supported by Apprise (Telegram, Pushover, ntfy, Gotify, Discord, Slack, Matrix, email, and so on...).

Check it out.
#9
Good tip, thank you!
#10
Quote from: Akruidenberg on September 19, 2026, 10:07:29 AMOption 3 would be nice to have a dropdown to choose a cert. 
This has been added.
#11
Quote from: Akruidenberg on September 18, 2026, 03:37:57 PMHello @Greelan

I've tested blocky and it worked perfecly. I have a few suggestions:

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote from: Akruidenberg on September 18, 2026, 03:37:57 PM* Is it possible to add an option which interfaces Blocky will bind?

There is already the ability to manually specify ip:port which would have the desired outcome. Are you perhaps asking for an interface picker that would populate the IPv4/IPv6 addresses for the selected port(s) automatically? A bit tricky to implement given the range of options Blocky allows.

Quote from: Akruidenberg on September 18, 2026, 03:37:57 PM* Is it possible to add an option for rdns to Dnqmasq for hostnames?

You can already do this under the Clients tab, "Client name resolver".

Quote from: Akruidenberg on September 18, 2026, 03:37:57 PM* Is it possible to add an option to choose an existing certificate from Opnsense itself for the DNS over HTTPS endpoint?

You can already specify the path to the existing certificate - that's an advanced option under the General tab. Again, though, are you asking for a picker?
#12
Haha, I'm not really smarter. I am still on the learning curve with OPNsense so it is a bit of fun.

Happily I could leverage off how core and other plugins do things (like reusing the firewall rules import logic).

I was "smart" enough to get AI to do a lot of the grunt work (so many settings to create!) and it also had the idea of running the blocky log via syslog to get the log viewer (with the viewer itself just borrowed from core/other plugins). It also helps hugely that Blocky is open source and its documentation is very detailed. I did however review, verify, correct and test everything, which has taken a lot of time over the past few weeks. So I'm probably going to take a break before thinking of what's next.
#13
Also note that if someone is already using your plugin and wants to switch, they should save their existing config.yml somewhere else first, so they can then import it later if they want to.
#14
Quote from: gspannu on September 16, 2026, 09:44:12 AMAwesome... 🙏🏼

Didn't mean to rain on your parade, but it seemed an opportunity to get involved. I'm hoping to add other plugins (not necessarily any you already have!).
#15
Partly as a project to get into OPNsense plugin development, and partly to address some of the enhancement requests I have seen in this thread, I've created my own Blocky plugin.

It has all settings in the OPNsense UI, with data validation, as well as a log viewer and a config.yml importer.

See my website.

Hope it proves useful. :)