Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - marsk

#1
Not only understanding the flow is important for me.

I have worked as an infrastructure architect for many years on servers, virtualization, and storage,
not networks, and I am dyslexic.

Having a diagram gives me a grip of a system within three seconds, and the same goes for my colleagues and customers.
All documentation I write for systems I deploy always starts with a diagram.

So I really want to thank you for helping me.

I also think the documentation for OPNsense really could benefit from some diagrams for easier understanding.

//marsk
#2
Thanks nero355

Can you please just take some pen and paper and make a drawing of what you see in your mind .

You do not need to write the name of the components just visualize them with a box of any kind,
and attach a photo so I can try to make a logical diagram.

//marsk
#3
Thx,
It is the configuration that is the problem, so it is probably better, as you said, to create a configuration diagram.

I have attached a flow diagram based on your suggestion, if I got it right.

See you.

//marsk
#4

Hi,

To better understand what I was actually configuring in the OPNsense web UI, I created a logical diagram to help me.
The diagram (Attached file) shows how traffic flows through OPNsense when using a WireGuard VPN.

However, I need help verifying that the diagram is correct. Could you please verify it for me?

//marsk
#5
General Discussion / Re: VLAN for Beginners
March 18, 2026, 12:26:48 PM
Tanks

I go with two copper ports, one is just plain LAN for untagged stuff
and the other one I use for VLAN trunk
then I tie the untagged and tagged traffic together on a trunk in the core switch.

//marsk
#6
General Discussion / Re: VLAN for Beginners
March 13, 2026, 07:32:05 AM
Is there any documented way to set the native VLAN as untagged in a trunk?

I am setting up a trunk on a LAN port with multiple VLANs,
but I need the native VLAN (VLAN 1) to remain untagged for the rest of the network.

//marsk