Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - DavidGA

#1
Do we need a new patch for 26.7.3_8?

# opnsense-patch https://github.com/opnsense/core/commit/14710e775
Fetched 14710e775 via https://github.com/opnsense/core
2 out of 3 hunks failed while patching opnsense/mvc/app/views/layout_partials/base_tabs_header.volt


I previously used to revert nut, which after upgrading to 26.7 is no longer possible. Nut seems to be working in the background (although it is difficult to tell) but the dashboard widget says "Nut is not returning a status. Click to reconfigure Nut." and the diagnostics page is blank.
#2
The web UI says "nut is not returning a status". If you've previously configured nut, it keeps working, but the web UI won't talk to it.

This is a pretty well-known issue, and I believe the problem is upstream, and not an issue with OPNsense. That's why the fix was always to just revert the "nut" package.
#3
I used to do this to fix nut:

# opnsense-revert -r 26.1.7 nut

But now:

Fetching nut.pkg: ..[fetch: https://mirror.sfo12.us.leaseweb.net/opnsense/FreeBSD:15:amd64/26.7/MINT/26.1.7/latest/Latest/nut.pkg.sig: Not Found] failed


Any other solution now?
#4
Ah! There it is. Somehow I ignored that button completely.

Thank you.
#5
Where is the received WAN IPv6 prefix delegation size displayed in the web UI? I can't find it.

I know that I can see it by doing "cat /tmp/*_prefixv6" on the command line, but the web UI, for example on the dashboard or in the interfaces overview, only shows prefixes assigned to LANs, and not the prefix length received from the ISP.
#6
Thanks for your help.
#7
If I have access to a SOCKS proxy, is there any way to make this proxy appear as an interface or gateway on my opnsense router, so that I can create rules to direct traffic to it?
#8
If I have access to a SOCKS proxy, is there any way to make this proxy appear as an interface or gateway on my opnsense router, so that I can create rules to direct traffic to it?
#9
It turns out I had an old stale browser tab open from before I did the downgrade so I was able to snag this screenshot.

All the aliases that start with an underscore I had never seen before. They look like internal stuff that wasn't supposed to be visible?
#10
This was broken for me too, and it broke a lot of stuff. There were a bunch of new aliases in the aliases view that started with an underscore that I'd never seen before. I wish I'd taken a screenshot, sorry. I reverted to 22.1.7_1 and rebooted and it's fine again. All the new aliases have disappeared.
#11
I have two OpenVPN clients connecting to different endpoints at the same public VPN provider, and although they receive different interface addresses, they both receive the same gateway address of 10.11.0.1.

I believe this is the cause of my LAN rules only working for the first one, outgoing traffic for the second one just times out - but it starts working if I stop the first VPN.

I cannot seem to manually override the gateway address, it seems to be specified by the server which I have no control of.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks.