Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - lilsense

#1
#dmesg | more
you can also look into the /var/log/ directory
#2
I recommend moving that device to another port and see what happens.
#3
couple of Questions:

- "...randomly turn off on the appliance..." Do you mean that when the interface goes down, which device turns off, the DEC740 or the attached device?
- Is this copper cable? What CAT 5/6/7? How long is this cable?
- When did this issue start or is this the 1st time?


you can ssh to the DEC740 drop into the shell and cd to /var/log and look at the messages file and/or others to see what's going on. you can do this in the GUI under System Log files.
#4
26.7 Series / Re: Thank you Opnsense Team
August 14, 2026, 01:32:12 PM
Quote from: marjohn56 on August 12, 2026, 04:14:27 PMIt'll be 9 years in December since I made the jump from pfSense to OpnSense. At that time OpnSense was a bit rough around the edges, well, let's be honest it was very rough around the edges, but I stuck with it, got involved and helped ( or hindered ) in a few ways. I just want to say that what I am using today works pretty much flawlessly. I have just spent several hours cleaning up firewall rules, getting used to the new firewall layout, adding AbuseIPDDB and more, all working flawlessly.
Well done chaps, you should be very proud.

ditto
#5
Thank you.. Some how I missed that.
#6
After upgrading from 26.1.9 to 10 Zenarmour no longer is able to recognize any connections
#7
"OPNsense on a stick"

LOL
#8
Quote from: RobertoZ on June 09, 2026, 07:23:51 PMI have a TCL TV that has Roku OS on it.  It's constantly very chatty.  I use ControlD for DNS so I have it blocked.  I tried disconnecting the TV from the network, but then there is a bright white light on the front of the TV that constantly flashes with the intensity of a thousand suns.

I looked for a new "dumb" TV with no smart features.  I quickly found out unless you want to buy a professional display costing almost as much as a car you are stuck with this scheiße. 

</rant>
You can stop by your local friendly hardware store if you do not have a black electrical tape and cut a tiny piece and place it on the bright LED. :) 
No smartTV should be on anyone's network, even the world's BEST SONY Android TV's. 
#9
General Discussion / Re: KEA is still a mess IMHO
May 12, 2026, 04:12:43 PM
Quote from: meyergru on May 09, 2026, 03:55:49 PMPardon me for my ignorance, but isn't all of that besides the point?

If indeed two devices in the same broadcast domain do have the same MAC for whatever reason, you will be out of luck anyway, because both will use the same ethernet header and that is independent of IPv4 with ARP or IPv6 with NDP.

Sure. Obviously you can replace the PC and move that dupe PC to another network or tell the OS to use a diff MAC. The point here was the when running SLAAC the end user may not know how to correct the dupe IP.
#10
General Discussion / Re: KEA is still a mess IMHO
May 09, 2026, 03:27:11 PM
Quote from: Patrick M. Hausen on May 08, 2026, 10:50:30 PM
Quote from: lilsense on May 08, 2026, 07:07:27 PMI must be the only one here who's seen many dupe macs on laptops and pc's.
I'm a network engineer for more than three decades and I have never seen a single duplicate MAC address. 🤷�♂️
Four decades here, sounds super old... I have seen it as recent as in last 10yrs with the same manufacturer with diff NICs one on a laptop and other on a PC. Dupe MACs are here to happen is a fact. Reliance on them as an IPv6 is a crap shoot that I will not recommend losing job over. :D

To elaborate, the IPv6 should include at least the vlanID .
#11
General Discussion / Re: KEA is still a mess IMHO
May 08, 2026, 07:07:27 PM
I must be the only one here who's seen many dupe macs on laptops and pc's. This is relevant in million VLAN architecture but an absolute nightmare in IPv6. Anywho, please move along nothing to see here...

lol
#12
Ah... You forgot to read... No worries! Please re read the thread all the way to this post. :)
#14
General Discussion / EUROBSDCON 2025 Rm D1
September 28, 2025, 03:49:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgtTVzYFEF0

Patrick,
   Nice Presentation bud!!! Thanks a lot for all the hard work!
#15
I highly recommend testing strict IPv6 case once deployed. Meaning remove all existence of IPv4 and test to make sure ALL is working as expected which if correctly performed all sites regardless of IPv4 only should work flawlessly. Otherwise, it's not properly set, period.

This would make Patrick's link moot point since there should not be a case where dual stack would be needed. 

Dual Stack is a like speaking Tunisian, half French, half Arabic. Who know which half is what... </joking>

If you really are trying to learn the "ula made useless" is not really important. :) Since the ultimate goal is Site wide IPv6 only.

otherwise, there's no point in deploying IPv6 other than after midnight stress of why google link sends me to my fav pR0n site troubleshooting. :D