Firewall rule migration assistant on HA cluster question

Started by Patrick M. Hausen, October 06, 2026, 09:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all,

I just upgraded a production HA system from 26.1.latest to 26.7.5. I used the migration assistant on the primary node to migrate the firewall rules including deletion of the legacy rules.

I then synced the configuration from primary to backup.

Expectedly all the "Rules [new]" rules were present but so were the legacy rules on the backup. Is this intentional? I manually deleted them and the upgrade continued successfully without any unexpected events.

Just wondering ... I was expecting the "Rules [new]" to be synced (which happened) as well as the "Rules", i.e. the fact that there are none. This did not happen.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Deciso DEC750
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)