English Forums > Hardware and Performance

New Mini PC Hardware

(1/5) > >>

rpsmith:
Ordered the following from Amazon:

2016 new products barebone Mini PC J1900 Quad core CPU, 4 LAN (Intel), VGA
One year warranty
http://www.qotom.net/goods-129-QOTOM-Q190G4+4+LAN+Mini+PC.html
seller: Qotom  $159 (+ $30 DHL shipping from China)

120GB Kingston mSATA SSD  $49.50

8GB Crucial RAM (single) Notebook Memory  $25.99

So for around $265 you get a killer 4 port OPNsense firewall!

Had zero problems installing OPNsense.  Hardware looks very solid.

My new goto hardware for new customers!

RPSmith...

Zeitkind:
Noticed them recently, look nice, esp. with Intel NICs and not Realtek. Could you see the manufacturer of the motherboard? There are a bunch of simular ITX-boards flowing around aliexpress eg.
http://www.aliexpress.com/price/j1900-router_price.html

rpsmith:
I believe I read a thread somewhere where that question was asked and the reply was it's a proprietary motherboard.

It has been running flawlessly now for several weeks.  Long term, only time will tell.

RPSmith... 

hedberg:
I bought one about a month ago for a small test and it runs fine. It could, using around 20-25% CPU time, route traffic at gigabit speed between two interfaces  (Measured using NTttcp and two laptops each connected to the J1900 machine).

A shame that the original manufacturer is unknown - hence no BIOS updates, driver updates (if one would use it for something else than Opnsense).

Did you manage to get a wifi card working with it? I bougt multiple cheap old pci express wifi cards, but didnt managed to get opnsense to detect any of them.

rradu92:
I'm waiting for this mini pc too, anyone know the max throughtput?

I'm buying it for testing purpose but If it goes OK I will deploy this firewall arround all the campings and hotels.

The main purpose is web filtering and intrusion detection, i do all the other stuff (radius, captive portal, etc)  with miktorik core routers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version