English Forums > Web Proxy Filtering and Caching

How to make a persistent change to squid.conf

(1/4) > >>

thefunkygibbon:
as title says really.  any changes to /usr/local/etc/squid/squid.conf get overwritten on system updates/changes in the GUI.  I want to add something (specifically tcp_outgoing_address) that needs to be persistently in there. (doesn't appear to be a GUI option to set this).

I've read something about pre-auth and post-auth folders but from looking at whats in them currently, the contents of such doesn't seem to appear in the squid.conf file so i dont think it works like that.   Plus those folders seem to be very specifically relating to opnsense and I cannot find any documentation on them.

Please advise.

Thanks

franco:
It's documented here:

https://docs.opnsense.org/development/backend/templates.html#target-overwrites

Cheers,
Franco

thefunkygibbon:
Great, thank you. I wasn't aware that you referred to this as 'templates'.  I'll give it a read.  :)

thefunkygibbon:
Ok i just tested this
created a additional entry to the +TARGETS file of test.conf and added the line to that
test.conf:/usr/local/etc/squid/squid.conf

but it seems to completely overwrite the .squid.conf with the contents of test.conf.  it doesn't append the contents to the end of the squid.conf file which is what I need.

Is there a way of doing that?  Also is this way of doing it likely to break/be reset on any system update, or are these files explicitly exempt from being touched during an update?

thanks

:edit: I just added the line to the bottom of the squid.conf template file.  seems to have worked for nwo. but it's not ideal i guess as i'm sure that file will be replaced should there be any updates to the proxy in the future.

crissi:
@Franco can you please shed some light on this how to proceed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version