English Forums > Virtual private networks

Wireguard 0.0.0.0/0 allowed and "Table = off"

(1/2) > >>

rcmcdonald91:
I need to use wireguard for point-to-point links without Wireguard injecting routes into the routing table. On Linux or manually configuring .conf files , this is easy to do with "Table = off" and settint the AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0 on both client and server.

The only way I can get traffic to pass through my wireguard tunnels is NOT disable routes , I thought this was the GUI equivalent of Table = off.

What's the deal?

Gauss23:
So you have allowed_ips=0.0.0.0/0 and disable routes enabled? Then you added some static routes manually? Or via firewall rule (policy routing).

rcmcdonald91:
What kind of static route or firewall rule should I apply to create just a point-to-point link? On Linux all that is required is "Table= off" and it just works. I guess things are a bit different here? I did figure out that if I create a gateway pointed at the other end of the link, and then set this gateway on the Wireguard>Local Advanced Settings configuration, this seems to work...though pinging the local side of the link from Opnsense is quite slow, so it seems that the traffic is hitting the far side and then coming back, instead of staying local?

mimugmail:
Correct .. for local ping it Gies forth and back. There changed couple of things, I need to check sometime If docs are still valid. But as most got it working it should be ok

rcmcdonald91:
Any particular reason why?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version