Upgrade from 26.7.5 to 26.7.6 broke WAN DHCP via VLAN

Started by nero355, October 09, 2026, 12:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just upgraded from 26.7.5 to 26.7.6 and my WAN DHCP via VLAN 300 was gone :(


Bug can be solved easily though :

For whatever reason there was a /32 subnet entered in the subnet field while it was always empty just like any Static IP Address configuration that can be entered ?!

Removed it and did a reboot : Internet connection working again! :)


Shows again how important is to read the Release Notes before upgrading :
QuoteThis update finally brings interface settings to MVC/API!

o You can find them on the assignments page integrated into the existing grid.
o Commonly required DHCP advanced options not in basic mode have been made available.
o Advanced/file based modes for DHCP are gone and will reset on save.
o Saving settings queues them for reconfiguration and storage.
o A reboot without apply will discard the previously saved changes.
o Apply works similar to the old interfaces.php page but uses a rewritten backend sequence.
o The old interfaces.php page is still available retaining the old style settings.
o The old interfaces.php page will likely move to a plugin for 27.1.

We are looking for your feedback on this historic milestone!
You know immediately where to look! LOL!
Weird guy who likes everything Linux and *BSD on PC/Laptop/Tablet/Mobile and funny little ARM based boards :)

Well, nothing can change unless you save the assignment dialog on 26.7.6 so I'm wondering what exactly happened here for you? Which value did you change, which wasn't correct after what action? The specifics are key.


Cheers,
Franco

Quote from: franco on October 09, 2026, 09:04:33 AMWell, nothing can change unless you save the assignment dialog on 26.7.6
Not sure what you are saying exactly ?

Quoteso I'm wondering what exactly happened here for you?
I think someone made a typo in the source code basically :)

QuoteWhich value did you change, which wasn't correct after what action? The specifics are key.
I did not change anything until I noticed my WAN was down after the upgrade from 26.7.5 to 26.7.6 and then did the following :

Went here :


Then edited opt3 and got to this :


And noticed the /32 that should not have been there.

IIRC it matched this too :


And after removing the /32 and saving the settings my WAN connection was UP again after a reboot :)
Weird guy who likes everything Linux and *BSD on PC/Laptop/Tablet/Mobile and funny little ARM based boards :)

> I think someone made a typo in the source code basically :)

Could be, but that would mean someone changed something between .5 and .6 that would cause this which I doubt from the changes I've seen.

> I did not change anything until I noticed my WAN was down after the upgrade from 26.7.5 to 26.7.6 and then did the following :

Might just have been down for a unfortunate connectivity reason between ISP and the OPNsense and the save and apply fixed it? It likely didn't change the config.xml.  The history is easy to inspect.  :)


Cheers,
Franco

Quote from: franco on October 09, 2026, 06:18:13 PMThe history is easy to inspect.  :)
Tell me how and I will check it :)

I am 100% sure the /32 was not there before (As in : I did not configure it.) and shoud not have been there.
Weird guy who likes everything Linux and *BSD on PC/Laptop/Tablet/Mobile and funny little ARM based boards :)

You can shuffle through the history via System: Configuration: History


Cheers,
Franco

Quote from: franco on October 09, 2026, 07:20:48 PMYou can shuffle through the history via System: Configuration: History
Only 5 Backups and been playing with NAT Rules today so it's gone now... d0h! ^_^
Weird guy who likes everything Linux and *BSD on PC/Laptop/Tablet/Mobile and funny little ARM based boards :)