26.7.5 git tag for src repo

Started by none, October 03, 2026, 10:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello,

I build arm images and the 26.7.5 build failed for src. I got to find out the reason was this:

ofw_bus_destroy_iinfo()

that was introduced in this commit:

https://github.com/opnsense/src/commit/ed5b1f4fb4d2f4c8c13004f7fc7560fb8e6b7864

So now there is no 26.7.5 tag and the build fails complaining about this function. I saw that src tagged 26.7.4 doesn't have this call, so I am trying to build 26.7.5 using src tagged 26.7.4. Will be a 26.7.5 tag or should I expect just 26.7.6?

Thanks

none

"We will call you Cygnus,
the God of balance you shall be."

the error:

Quote/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci_host_generic_fdt.c:122:2: error: call to undeclared function 'ofw_bus_destroy_iinfo'; ISO C99 and later do not support implicit function declarations [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  122 |         ofw_bus_destroy_iinfo(&sc->pci_iinfo);
      |         ^
/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci_host_generic_fdt.c:122:2: note: did you mean 'ofw_bus_setup_iinfo'?
/usr/src/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_bus_subr.h:88:6: note: 'ofw_bus_setup_iinfo' declared here
   88 | void    ofw_bus_setup_iinfo(phandle_t, struct ofw_bus_iinfo *, int);
      |         ^
1 error generated.
--- pci_host_generic_fdt.o ---
*** [pci_host_generic_fdt.o] Error code 1

make[2]: stopped making "all" in /usr/obj/usr/src/arm64.aarch64/sys/SMP-ARM

"We will call you Cygnus,
the God of balance you shall be."

There is no 26.7.5 tag because 26.7.5 doesn't have a base/kernel update.  In most cases use the last tag for stable build...

In this instance https://github.com/opnsense/src/commit/ed7f8101a197c4d1f was missing, but I didn't see this during our builds.  A bit strange.


Cheers,
Franco

I think I saw pointers that this change would be ARM related, while searching for this error.

Your builds are AMD64 only, right?

I will wait for 26.7.6 and try again.

Thanks for the feedback :)

none
"We will call you Cygnus,
the God of balance you shall be."

Yeah, different architecture makes sense.  Thanks for the pointer.  It is much appreciated.

The 26.7.6 tag was just pushed.


Cheers,
Franco