Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Garfieldttt

#1
Since I couldn't find a proper Zabbix template for the OPNsense API, I decided to create my own.Since I couldn't find a proper Zabbix template for the OPNsense API, I decided to create my own.

- IPsec: Phase 2 was previously requested via a GET request, even though the endpoint reads the connection via getPost('id'). This caused Phase 2 to remain empty for all systems – this is now fixed.
- CARP: CARP discovery resulted in an error on firewalls without CARP, even though an empty list is the correct response there.
- System: CPU utilization (split into user, system, and interrupt), memory, kernel network memory, mbuf clusters, netisr queues, swap space, and temperature.
- Performance: CPU load per core, clock synchronization, filesystems, and UPS status.
- Packet Filter (pf): State and source tracking tables including limits, pf counters, table entries, and the loaded ruleset with change detection.
- Network & Interfaces: Traffic, errors, link state, and blocked packets per interface, protocol errors, and gateways.
- VPN & Services: CARP, IPsec (including Phase 2 per connection), WireGuard, OpenVPN, system services status, Unbound DNS resolver, and DHCP leases.
- Security & Maintenance: Certificate expiration and firmware status.
- ... and much more!
The template is ready for Zabbix version 7.0 and higher. In my opinion, version 7.4 does not bring any significant advantages for this template. Therefore, I chose the LTS version 7.0 to ensure the highest possible compatibility.
I hope this template turns out to be useful for some of you!

https://github.com/Garfieldttt/opnsense-zabbix-template



#2
Hi @all,

I have built a Zabbix template that monitors OPNsense through its own
REST API.

What it currently monitors:
- CPU: utilisation by user, system and interrupt, load per core
- Memory, swap, filesystems, temperature sensors
- pf: state table, source tracking, counters, table entries
- Ruleset: number of filter and NAT rules, evaluations per second,
  rules never matched, detection of rule changes
- Interfaces: throughput, packet rates, errors, link status, blocked packets
- Gateways: status, latency, packet loss
- Services: run state
- NTP: synchronisation, offset, stratum
- Kernel network memory (mbuf) and netisr queue drops
- Protocol errors at IP and TCP level
- Configuration changes and pending updates

Details, installation and privileges in the README:
https://github.com/Garfieldttt/opnsense-zabbix-api