I personally didn't have any issues with the RTL USB3 ethernet adaptor. I'm not a gamer and don't transfer large files out of my local network though. However, the N150 was ticking over all the time and I had a better use for it. So I now have a Celeron J6412 4 port 'passive' cooled lump. The passive cooling is ok up to about 20C, but the UK has been reaching nearly 40C for periods this year, and it was getting too hot.
The copper block is very good, with thermal compound between it and the chip and with the aluminium case. But it's not a heat pipe and temps were reaching 100C on occasion. Thermal lag. With a slow running 12" fan it's staying cool.
Unsurprisingly no issues with it either! It's basically ticking over also.
I'm very impressed with OPNsense and it can be considered a 'utility' not an experiment or lab kit. It auto updates every month and basically fit and forget :-)
The copper block is very good, with thermal compound between it and the chip and with the aluminium case. But it's not a heat pipe and temps were reaching 100C on occasion. Thermal lag. With a slow running 12" fan it's staying cool.
Unsurprisingly no issues with it either! It's basically ticking over also.
I'm very impressed with OPNsense and it can be considered a 'utility' not an experiment or lab kit. It auto updates every month and basically fit and forget :-)
"