Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - _Mike

#1
Quote from: Tinus on August 31, 2026, 04:34:28 PMSo do you see that same message

(unbound), jid xx, uid xx, was killed: failed to reclaim memory

Also, _Mike, are you using blocklists?
I'm not using blocklists in Unbound.  My DNS is AdGuard Home, so my blocklists are there.  Unbound is my upstream DNS.  I'm not seeing the memory error, so perhaps my issue is different.
#2
Quote from: Patrick M. Hausen on August 28, 2026, 05:08:06 PMWhat does Unbound log?
This is what ChatGPT helped me come up with.  This was in order to submit an issue, which I have not done yet.  I figured I would try the forum first.

QuoteRelevant log output

During boot, multiple interface events invoke unbound_configure_do():

2026-08-28T10:48:41-04:00
/usr/local/etc/rc.linkup:
plugins_configure dns (execute task : unbound_configure_do())

2026-08-28T10:49:15-04:00
/usr/local/etc/rc.linkup:
plugins_configure dns (execute task : unbound_configure_do())

2026-08-28T10:49:28-04:00
/usr/local/etc/rc.linkup:
plugins_configure dns (execute task : unbound_configure_do())

2026-08-28T10:49:36-04:00
/usr/local/etc/rc.linkup:
plugins_configure dns (execute task : unbound_configure_do())

At approximately the same time, the Unbound log shows:

2026-08-28T10:49:35-04:00
info: start of service (unbound 1.26.0)

2026-08-28T10:49:36-04:00
info: service stopped (unbound 1.26.0)

2026-08-28T10:49:40-04:00
info: start of service (unbound 1.26.0)

The interface events immediately preceding this include:

2026-08-28T10:48:41-04:00
kernel
vlan0.30: link state changed to UP

2026-08-28T10:48:41-04:00
kernel
vlan0.40: link state changed to UP

2026-08-28T10:48:41-04:00
kernel
vlan0.10: link state changed to UP

2026-08-28T10:48:41-04:00
kernel
vlan0.20: link state changed to UP

There are also repeated IPv6 initialization messages during boot:

dhcp6c: Sending Solicit on igc0

and:

radvd_configure_do(auto) found no suitable IPv6 address on lan(ixl1)
radvd: sendmsg: Can't assign requested address

At present, the WAN and LAN interfaces have only IPv6 link-local addresses and no global/delegated IPv6 prefix.

There are also repeated kernel messages:

pfr_update_stats: assertion failed.

I do not know whether these are related.
#3
Quote from: dseven on August 28, 2026, 05:07:38 PMhttps://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=52429.0
Thank you for sharing this. I actually forgot that I saw that already and chimed in!
#4
I'm not sure if this is related to the OPNsense 26.7.x update, but it seems to have started then - After an OPNsense reboot, Unbound starts and runs successfully for about a minute.  Then it crashes and I have to manually restart the service to bring it back up.  What could be causing this?  Is this a 26.7.x bug?
#5
26.7 Series / Re: Unbound stopps suddenly
August 21, 2026, 04:39:11 PM
Not sure if this is related or a different issue, but for me Unbound is crashing after rebooting OPNsense.  It seems to happen with about 50% of reboots.  Unbound starts running for a minute or so and then crashes.  It works after I manually restart the service.  I'm on 26.7.2.
#6
Quote from: username_123 on May 01, 2026, 01:52:29 PMI found the configuration in the file /conf/config.xml stored at the XML path /opnsense/OPNsense/wireguard/server/servers

I had the same issue - This fixed it for me.  Thanks!
#7
Thank you all for the feedback!  Does the 3rd party plugin automatically update itself?  I would like to try to stay as hands-off as possible.
#8
I'm about a month in to OPNSense and have everything up and running pretty well.  It has been a fun learning experience!  I currently have AdGuard Home running on a separate server, but would like to consolidate.  I am aware of the 3rd party plugin, but I am wondering if anyone knows if there is any chance of that ever becoming an official plugin?
#9
UPDATE: I figured it out. Please ignore!

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me.  I feel like I am close to getting Caddy working, but I'm just not quite there.  I am successfully using Nginx Proxy Manager in docker on a separate machine, but I want to move my reverse proxy onto my OPNSense server.  I am getting the error below.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Quote"error","ts":"2025-07-23T19:02:01Z","logger":"http.log.error","msg":"tls: failed to verify certificate: x509: cannot validate certificate for 192.168.1.221 because it doesn't contain any IP SANs","request":{"remote_ip":"172.68.12.115","remote_port":"29946","client_ip":"172.68.12.115","proto":"HTTP/2.0","method":"GET","host":"mysubdomain.example.com","uri":"/favicon.ico","headers":{"Accept":["image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,image/svg+xml,image/*,*/*;q=0.8"],"Cf-Ray":["963d6e035a1a3198-MIA"],"X-Forwarded-Proto":["https"],"Sec-Ch-Ua":["\"Not_A Brand\";v=\"99\", \"Google Chrome\";v=\"109\", \"Chromium\";v=\"109\""],"X-Forwarded-For":["66.192.139.78"],"Cf-Visitor":["{\"scheme\":\"https\"}"],"Sec-Fetch-Dest":["image"],"Cf-Ipcountry":["US"],"Cookie":["REDACTED"],"Sec-Ch-Ua-Mobile":["?0"],"User-Agent":["Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"],"Sec-Ch-Ua-Platform":["\"Windows\""],"Referer":["https://mysubdomain.example.com/"],"Accept-Encoding":["gzip, br"],"Accept-Language":["en-US,en;q=0.9"],"Cdn-Loop":["cloudflare; loops=1"],"Sec-Fetch-Site":["same-origin"],"Sec-Fetch-Mode":["no-cors"],"Cf-Connecting-Ip":["66.192.139.78"]},"tls":{"resumed":false,"version":772,"cipher_suite":4865,"proto":"h2","server_name":"mysubdomain.example.com"}},"duration":0.005888211,"status":502,"err_id":"8x932qatw","err_trace":"reverseproxy.statusError (reverseproxy.go:1390)"}