Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - skittle6674

#1
General Discussion / Re: Rclone backup support
September 14, 2026, 07:51:32 PM
Quote from: Patrick M. Hausen on September 13, 2026, 01:27:47 PMWhat exactly are you intending to backup? There isn't much besides the config.xml, really.
Just exactly this really. I just want to automate as much as possible, and currently use the Google drive option.

Quote from: Lucid1010 on September 13, 2026, 01:23:00 PMhttps://rclone.org/downloads/

Since rclone uses a FreeBSD binary, you can run backups directly using a shell script.
I currently back up to Dropbox and S3 via rclone.
That's a good idea, I'll look into this option.
#2
General Discussion / Rclone backup support
September 13, 2026, 09:43:13 AM
I've been searching, and I can't figure out how to use Rclone to transfer my backups to cloud storage.

Like many, I'm slowly removing myself from Google's clutches for obvious reasons - Opnsense Gdrive backup is currently a sticking point for me.

I am using e2ee cloud storage (filen) which has excellent Rclone support, but nothing for sftp etc.

It would be fantastic to see Rclone implemented, as this will open up ~70 supported cloud services for backups.

Thank you for your time.
#3
For future reference if anyone else comes across this:
On the interface for the External Access WireGuard VPN I added 2 rules.
1) Allow everything from this interface to the desired internal LAN/VLAN's with default gateway
2) Allow everything from this interface to everywhere with WAN_FAILOVER Gateway.

Seems to work great.
#4
Hi, thank you for the response.
The VPN works fine when I'm using a single gateway, but when I use a group, it doesn't. This is a screenshot of the rule for my WAN and WAN_BKP. Although I don't expect this to work with WAN_BKP due to the aforementioned CG-NAT from my mobile carrier.
I'm using hybrid NAT, so the auto-created rules are there, but then they always have been.
#5
Hi All.

I used pfSense for about 8 years, and moved over to OPNsense about 4 months ago. It's been a learning curve, but an enjoyable one!

We've recently had some broadband outages, so I have set up an old router to bridge the hotspot from our phones into opnsense as a backup WAN. Mostly this stays down, and will only gain connection when we notice the main broadband is down. I've tested this setup, and everything seems to work nicely.

Separate to that, from day 1 I've had a Wireguard remote access VPN setup, so that I can administer my network remotely as if I'm on the LAN. We don't have static IP, and use Dynamic DNS for the server config. I realise that when we run on the mobile hotspots as WAN that this won't work, as the phone network is double-NAT. This is fine by me.

The problem is: Since I've had to update the default gateway of each VLAN to the 'WAN_FAILOVER' Gateway group from the previous defauly 'WAN'. I can no longer access the internet through my Wireguard VPN.
I CAN:
- connect to my VPN from anywhere and browse my LAN as before,
- connect to the internet from inside my LAN and VLANS as before.

However then connected to my VPN, the device I'm using has no internet, and I have to disconnect in order to make it work again.

I'm sure this is something simple, but I'm damned if I can figure out what I'm missing.

Any help gratefully received.

Tom.