Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - hansdampf

#1
Applied the patch successfully, but the error still remains in my case. Overlooked monit, revieved and saved settings, restarted monit, all without change in widget.

Good hint from @Meditux, restarting all services resolved the problem.
#2
No, if you make the widget wider or on mouse-over you see the difference: Let out and let out (force GW). Different things. Hope that helps.
#3
That export is only for new instances. I refer to existing instances.
#4
No, more like exporting the config-files.
#5
25.7, 25.10 Legacy Series / wireguard export client option
September 02, 2025, 11:18:53 AM
Is there any chance to get an export option for wireguard clients? Like its done for openvpn?

Thanks very much!
#6
Same here! I tried to add a new client, but the problem is still there. :(
#7
OK, again a very good point. So now i think i got the final idea. Again learned a lot!
Thanks again for your fast help and such a good lession about setting up things easy and secure to external changes (DHCP-changes in our case)
#8
Thanks a lot for your advise!
I tried your settings but was out of luck first, but finally got it: I had to enter the real IP of my opnsense in NUT -> general information and usbhid as the local device.
The port forwarding wasnt necessary (both devices are in the same lan-segment). Or am i missing again something?
So now i see the UPS-status on OPNsense and my NAS is showing the status of the remote UPS too.

The only caveat now is that we dont have a NUT-widget for the dashboard...
#9
24.7, 24.10 Legacy Series / Re: 24.7.1 perfect
August 08, 2024, 04:16:27 PM
Same here, i am impressed of the big changes regarding the dashboard!
Thanks to all for your great work!
#10
I am using the apcupsd for the UPS which is connected via USB to OPNsense. I have configured the NUT service to offer the UPS to my NAS (Xigmanas), which is using NUT as UPS-tool.
So far, the service works as expected, both OPNsense and Xigmanas show the UPS as living and working. But when i restart OPNsense the NUT service is the only service which doesnt start up, even when i wait more time for the system to get settled.
Eventually i am missing something to get the NUT start up?

Logs show this:

entry after starting NUT manually:
2024-08-08T16:02:07   Warning   upsd   /usr/local/etc/nut/upsd.users is world readable   
2024-08-08T16:02:07   Warning   upsd   /usr/local/etc/nut/upsd.conf is world readable

Logs after reboot show many entries of this:   
2024-08-08T16:02:02   Error   upsmon   UPS [usv]: connect failed: Connection failure: Connection refused
#11
24.7, 24.10 Legacy Series / Re: 24.7 Will not boot
August 06, 2024, 08:28:37 PM
One idea, based on your HW-probe:

Probe tells about BIOS:
SYS   dell-6-4-0-07-23-2013 ยป   Dell Inc.   BIOS 6.4.0 07/23/2013   bios

Dell Site has a BIOS-Update for the T710:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/de-de/product-support/product/poweredge-t710/drivers.

Sounds to me like (maybe) a BIOS-problem...
#12
I had problems with FTDI-Adapters, Adapters with PL2303-Chip (RS232) worked directly without problems...
https://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?pcid=41&showlevel=0017-0037-0041

Otherwise try an adapter for RS232. (I mostly needed to install a driver, which doesnt exist for Freebsd)
https://ftdichip.com/product-category/products/cables/

But i dont know if they are supported now with Freebsd 13/14.
#13
Buyah! What a great thing! I am impressed again! Thanks a lot for your great work!!!
Wish you all a great weekend (and the following times)
#14
What a fast answer! Now my hopefully not too silly question: How do i get that? I tried via "opnsense-revert -z os-ddclient" (found in another thread, only for different package), but its still the "old" one.
Or do i have to wait for the next release?
Thanks a lot!!!!
#15
Not only the network-time widget, i am missing the UPS-widget too. Hopefully the widgets from the previous version will come back soon...
By the way, a Dyndns-widget would be nice!

At all, the new version made me happy, some annoying glitches are finally gone, which i had with the 24.3.
Such a big changes with the dashboard show me there is a highly active work in progress!
Regarding pfsense, i changed because with the change of their business-model things got mad, long time there were big problems with updates and other things, not to forget the "fiasco" with wireguard, which made the whole thing really unsecure.
I am happy with a firewall which is "made in europe", i feel more comfortable here with OPNsense. I see that american ways of doing software is so different to european way. We need more software like this!