Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - DEC740airp414user

#1
I have my configuration integrated into dnsmasq and kea.

it works.   setup dhcp ranges first.  then static hosts of needed.

I go back and forth between them on the occasion just to see if I notice anything.  so far I haven't but still use kea for my home network
#2
currently a paid user.   I am not sure I am understanding.

my account says : 121,281
Current Count
As of Sep 12, 2026 3:00 PM

unbound logs:   2026-09-11T23:00:03-04:00Noticeunbound blocklist parsing done in 2.88 seconds (121269 records)

its set to sync every 12 hours so the numbers may be sightly off

so its syncing everything included with your account.  correct?
#3
Reporting - unbound dns.   Is that giving you stats of anything being blocked?

I recently turned off reporting but I always have data there
#4
I haven't had much time in front of the issue, but I did run these commands.  DEC 740 port 0 is the one having the issue / igc0


[25] ax0: Receive checksum offload Disabled
[25] ax0: VLAN filtering Disabled
[25] ax0: VLAN Stripping Disabled
[25] vlan0: changing name to 'vlan01'
[25] ax0: Registering VLAN 30
[25] ax0: xgbe_config_sph_mode: SPH disabled in channel 0
[25] ax0: xgbe_config_sph_mode: SPH disabled in channel 1
[25] ax0: xgbe_config_sph_mode: SPH disabled in channel 2
[25] ax0: RSS Enabled
[25] ax0: Receive checksum offload Disabled
[25] ax0: VLAN filtering Disabled
[25] ax0: VLAN Stripping Disabled
[25] ax0: VLAN 30 already registered
[25] ax0: xgbe_config_sph_mode: SPH disabled in channel 0
[25] ax0: xgbe_config_sph_mode: SPH disabled in channel 1
[25] ax0: xgbe_config_sph_mode: SPH disabled in channel 2
[25] ax0: RSS Enabled
[25] ax0: Receive checksum offload Disabled
[25] ax0: VLAN filtering Disabled
[25] ax0: VLAN Stripping Disabled
[25] igc0: link state changed to DOWN
[25] igc1: link state changed to DOWN
[26] wg0: link state changed to UP
[26] wg1: link state changed to UP
[29] igc1: link state changed to UP
[29] igc0: link state changed to UP
[95297] igc0: link state changed to DOWN
[95300] igc0: link state changed to UP
[95313] igc0: link state changed to DOWN
[95317] igc0: link state changed to UP
[95340] igc0: link state changed to DOWN
[95343] igc0: link state changed to UP
[95377] igc0: link state changed to DOWN
[95401] igc0: link state changed to UP
root@OPNsense:~ #


2nd command : 

   media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
root@OPNsense:~ # ifconfig igc0 | grep media
   media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
root@OPNsense:~ #
#5
thats my plan

are there logs anywhere i can check for potential hardware failures or similar?
#6
the network lights on the Dec actually turn off.  this is 2 different 5 foot cables to my Apple Tv.   i am going to try an actual switch this weekend to see if its the device itself.    its only 2 months old though..

   the Tv then shows network disconnected  every 15 seconds or so.

honestly it happened when i installed  26.7 to see how it was.     since then i have gone back to a snapshot of 26.4 but it still occurs



#7
I have a Dec740 that has a device plugged into port 0.   with 2 different cables the led's randomly turn off on the appliance,  and the device gives a pop up message saying network lost.

where can i find logs to troubleshoot this. 
#9
26.1, 26,4 Series / Re: Cron scheduled missing?
September 01, 2026, 09:56:33 PM
I should create my posts while I am in front of the console.   Yes Cron is where you said but

  My full reason for the post is seeing scheduled jobs under system.   It can do similar but with less instructions?

I still have an ids rule I can't delete under Cron from a year ago. 

Which should be used going forward



#10
26.1, 26,4 Series / Re: Cron scheduled missing?
September 01, 2026, 01:29:13 PM
i must be blind.  or i've broken my install from going back and forth to too many snapshots

thanks for the reply ill check my system when i get home tonight
#11
26.1, 26,4 Series / Cron scheduled missing?
September 01, 2026, 12:40:39 PM
i went back 3 pages and didn't find any discussion on this:

in version 26.4.1 business edition, it appears alot of Cron works changes
 my scheduled tasks are gone Cron is completely missing under system in fact.

were these automagically imported and i am just missing it

#12
Quote from: franco on August 30, 2026, 10:40:23 AMPS: The last official FreeBSD 14.3-RELEASE was p16 which should give you a little perspective at what we're already doing.  ;)

appreciate your team keeping us safe.   just made another donation on top of my yearly business license.
just a home user who likes to tinker and be secure.

#13
Thanks I appreciate the response
#14
toward the middle/ end of the year as business edition is running the older version of freebsd.    is it better to run the newer freebsd 15.1 until 26.10 is released? 

openssl-3.0.21,1 also has about 8 vulnerabilities
opens ssh portable 1.

just a curious home user, curious on what others do at this point each year after new major releases come out

#15
26.7 Series / Re: Unbound stopps suddenly
August 26, 2026, 11:24:37 PM
today is the first time I have ever had ERRORS within unbound.    I am not having any issues resolving

ill probably roll back to business edition now