Hi,
I'm currently running dhcpd for ipv4 and ipv6 (+ SLAAC). I'm trying to figure out what the best thing to migrate to is.
My setup is small (home), with 6 VLANs, and what I use is:
* ipv4 dynamic leases + registration in unbound
* ipv4 static leases (reservations) + registrations in unbound
* ipv6 dynamic leases
* ipv6 static leases
* unbound overrides for a bunch of hostnames
(I'm not entirely sure if the ipv6 addresses get registered in unbound.)
What I'd like is that the leases and static reservations I put end up in "a" DNS server (can be unbound, can be dnsmasq), and ofcourse dhcp leases for all my vlans.
First I thought Kea, but I found out that those lease registrations towards unbound require an unbound restart(?) before they get picked up. So I'm guessing for my home setup dnsmasq makes more sense?
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Kind regards
I'm currently running dhcpd for ipv4 and ipv6 (+ SLAAC). I'm trying to figure out what the best thing to migrate to is.
My setup is small (home), with 6 VLANs, and what I use is:
* ipv4 dynamic leases + registration in unbound
* ipv4 static leases (reservations) + registrations in unbound
* ipv6 dynamic leases
* ipv6 static leases
* unbound overrides for a bunch of hostnames
(I'm not entirely sure if the ipv6 addresses get registered in unbound.)
What I'd like is that the leases and static reservations I put end up in "a" DNS server (can be unbound, can be dnsmasq), and ofcourse dhcp leases for all my vlans.
First I thought Kea, but I found out that those lease registrations towards unbound require an unbound restart(?) before they get picked up. So I'm guessing for my home setup dnsmasq makes more sense?
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Kind regards
"