Hey again,
8 years are gone since I posted here. In 2024 I finally moved away from Sophos/UTM to OPNsense.
That Topic about Executive Reporting never let me go. Stock OPNsense never provided an reporting feature like that.
And If you are using this since Astaro days you'll miss that.
So I decided to create an external software that does exactly this Executive Reporting!
Most data is provided by the OPNsense and can get via the API, but some data you need to to sample/collect external.
Now I have my first version of this Executive Reporting ready and running.
The whole thing is Python based and runs as service with a small WebUI. A Raspi is suitable for this.
It can create reports inspired by the classic look and runs manually triggered or on a daily/weekly/monthly scheduled base.
I will test this tool now for a while now and will then upload a version on Github.
8 years are gone since I posted here. In 2024 I finally moved away from Sophos/UTM to OPNsense.
That Topic about Executive Reporting never let me go. Stock OPNsense never provided an reporting feature like that.
And If you are using this since Astaro days you'll miss that.
So I decided to create an external software that does exactly this Executive Reporting!
Most data is provided by the OPNsense and can get via the API, but some data you need to to sample/collect external.
Now I have my first version of this Executive Reporting ready and running.
The whole thing is Python based and runs as service with a small WebUI. A Raspi is suitable for this.
It can create reports inspired by the classic look and runs manually triggered or on a daily/weekly/monthly scheduled base.
I will test this tool now for a while now and will then upload a version on Github.
"