ZA no longer filtering network traffic

Started by Greg_E, October 07, 2026, 03:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 07, 2026, 03:28:14 PM Last Edit: October 07, 2026, 03:38:32 PM by Greg_E
I have had ZA running for a couple years and never had a problem, after I finally updated to 26.4.2p2 ZA is broken. Things I've tried:

restart services
reboot
reinstall os-sensei & os-sunnyvalley
reboot
check for updates

I am using the emulated netmap. The only other thing I can think to do is remove all the monitored interfaces, and add them back in. Or change to the native netmap, but I thought it had problems under certain conditions and emulated was the better choice.

Here are some screenshots for versions, let me know if there are more settings you need to see to help me get this going.

After reading another post, I went to the local elastic database to see if cleaning it would help.

I tried a reset reporting database which partly worked, but in the end showed a red error 200. I then tried to Perform Index Check, this also failed with error 200.

The Settings Database Health Check reports OK

And now on the live connections I get a database server not running error 200

I then went to change the database type to SQLight and noticed that I had an option to install elastic 8, so I installed it and now things are working again.

Apparently when ZA is upgrading, it won't upgrade the Elastic database and if you get old enough, it isn't going to work or it gets corrupted.