os-upnp plugin not working?

Started by Warbreaker, July 16, 2026, 03:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: AlpAne on October 07, 2026, 08:12:44 PMStill same problem, when second PC tries to connect it gets network error in Call of Duty, as soon as the first PC closes Call of Duty the second PC can connect and vice versa.

Yes, that's exactly what Static Port does. Read the documentation about Endpoint-Independent NAT that I linked a few posts earlier:

QuoteIn particular, this behavior helps avoid issues with multiple local clients using the same source port to reach the same remote host.

Static port is not the correct setting for gaming clients.

Quote from: bamf on October 08, 2026, 08:06:12 PM
Quote from: AlpAne on October 07, 2026, 08:12:44 PMStill same problem, when second PC tries to connect it gets network error in Call of Duty, as soon as the first PC closes Call of Duty the second PC can connect and vice versa.

Yes, that's exactly what Static Port does. Read the documentation about Endpoint-Independent NAT that I linked a few posts earlier:

QuoteIn particular, this behavior helps avoid issues with multiple local clients using the same source port to reach the same remote host.

Static port is not the correct setting for gaming clients.

It is if you want to use UPnP reliably. The problem is that EIM can assign a dynamically selected external UDP port while UPnP requests a particular external port. But in this case, I agree. Use EIM and skip UPnP.

October 08, 2026, 08:46:39 PM #62 Last Edit: October 08, 2026, 08:48:45 PM by nero355
Quote from: bamf on October 08, 2026, 08:06:12 PMStatic port is not the correct setting for gaming clients.
I think that's not entirely correct :

For the fun of it I tried modifying my current 'Static-port NAT Rule' to an 'Endpoint-Independent NAT Rule' and I get this ERROR :
QuoteEndpoint Independent NAT is only available for UDP.
Considering the fact that a lot of Games also use TCP connections together with UDP connections I am not sure what the best would be in such cases and what the result would be ?!

One thing is for sure : The theory so far is that you can not use both 'Static-port NAT' and 'Endpoint-Independent NAT' for the same Host(s) or Subnet(s) so that's out of the question!

/Needs more testing to understand what it does...
Weird guy who likes everything Linux and *BSD on PC/Laptop/Tablet/Mobile and funny little ARM based boards :)