samplicate pegging cpu

Started by ubu, March 18, 2026, 04:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
> I did exactly what you had informed me to do.

Why are we losing focus again?

Just run the command first:

# pluginctl -g OPNsense.Netflow


Cheers,
Franco

{
    "@attributes": {
        "version": "1.0.1",
        "persisted_at": "1773874029.39",
        "description": "NetFlow configuration"
    },
    "capture": {
        "interfaces": "wan",
        "egress_only": "wan",
        "version": "v9",
        "targets": "127.0.0.1:2055,127.0.0.1:2056"
    },
    "collect": {
        "enable": "0"
    },
    "activeTimeout": "1800",
    "inactiveTimeout": "15"
}

So that means it's set to capture. Not sure how else I can help you.

This will definitely kill the configuration if you confirm deletion... you can recheck with -g

# pluginctl -f OPNsense.Netflow


Cheers,
Franco

Quote from: franco on September 17, 2026, 05:10:56 PMSo that means it's set to capture. Not sure how else I can help you.

This will definitely kill the configuration if you confirm deletion... you can recheck with -g

# pluginctl -f OPNsense.Netflow


Cheers,
Franco
running that command and then killing samplicate results in the same reboot loop. is there any log files I can provide that would show why it goes into a reboot loop once that command is run?

I don't understand why disabling everything would cause panics. The panic is also missing from the thread so far. I know it's hard to gather but we're still flying mostly blind here.


Cheers,
Franco

isn't there any log files that are written to even during a kernel panic?

it would've been nice to resolve this but alas I'm going another direction. I'm going to try an Omada Fusion 2.5G Gateway & Controller in One. I got a really good deal on a whole 2.5G kit. Includes the gateway, switch and an AP all for $250 plus I get (5) coupons for the same kit for $50 off so if I can sell them to my customers my kit will be free. It helps me cut down on power usage. Maybe I'll install opnsense in the future on different hardware and give it another shot.