(1/2) > >>

ad1m:
Hello,

I'm running:

OPNsense 22.1.6-amd64
FreeBSD 13.0-STABLE
OpenSSL 1.1.1n 15 Mar 2022

on:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 cores, 4 threads) with 16GB RAM.
My ISP offers a 1 Gbps connection with PPPoE authentication and dynamic IP address.

I have Zenarmor(Sensei) installed and configured(on LAN interfaces) for some time now and it's been working perfect, but for about 2 weeks I keep getting 3 daily disconnects within the same time range with random behavior.
Time range:

* In the morning: between 10:00 to 11:00
* Evening: 19:00
* Night: 03:00Random behavior: Sometimes all the LAN clients can't access the internet but the WAN connection doesn't change the IP address. Sometimes the WAN IP get's changed, meaning the PPPoE connection has been reinitialized.

It's not a big deal, but it's annoying especially if I'm working from home and have a VPN connection to the office, or my outgoing ssh connections from other servers get dropped.

I've checked the cron and I don't have anything running around that time.
I've arrived at the conclusion that Sensei is to blame after uninstalling it and seeing the issues disappear for a couple of days and having the issues reappear immediately after reinstalling.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of behavior?

sy:
Hi,

It could be a netmap problem. Can you send a bug report form the upper right corner of Zenarmor GUI?

ad1m:
I really would, but after uninstalling Sensei I cleaned up the system, so there are no logs to send.
Anyway, I've reinstalled it and set it to reporting only.
I did that in the past too, and I kept getting disconnects.
I will wait to see when I get the first disconnect in the monitoring system and try to report a bug.
Thanks for the idea!

ad1m:
After activating Sensei I've experienced the same behavior and sent a bug report. Thank you again for mentioning it!

lilsense:
I have seen the same behavior as well. However, I rebuilt the router and did cleanup as well. So, once I activate it, I'll send out a bug report.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version