English Forums > Tutorials and FAQs

API Documentation

(1/1)

frankd:
Hello fellow opnsensers

This has most likely been asked, but is there an better documentation about the api's?
they are a bit lacking in area of data structure/requirements for the endpoints and im sure there are more endpoints than documents in the help pages.
i need to config opnsense programmatically in such areas as NAT rules, one-to-one rules, adding/configuring interfaces and the like.
also will opnsense ever support industry standards for api access such as netconf/restconf/yang?

TIA
Frank

kjhlkjhfguew:
Hi,

I have the exact same question. I have to add over 100 vlans + NAT rules + DHCP Servers and don't want to do that by hand. Have you found an answer yourself?

Regards
Leander

fabian:

--- Quote from: kjhlkjhfguew on November 06, 2021, 12:47:52 am ---I have to add over 100 vlans + NAT rules + DHCP Servers and don't want to do that by hand.

--- End quote ---

I would do that directly in the config.xml.
Download it, create your settings and upload it again. Afterwards reboot after checking everything is there.

margarethlorens1:
Do you need to structure your documents or make them publicly available to all your employees? Finding such an application has been a great success since I remember how I suffered from the same question a couple of years ago. I was advised to try using the services https://clickhelp.com/ for this, and since then, I have not worried about anything related to documents. Moreover, this is the only application that did not deceive me because it is connected with payment or any money at all for use. I don't understand how in 2022, other apps can make such terrible ads for themselves and deceive people

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version