English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Sensei database recommendations for about 7 days of traffic

(1/1)

dinguz:
I would like to have about 7 days of traffic data to base reporting on. The Sensei installer classifies my router as low-end hardware, and only allows to install a local Mongodb or a remote Elasticsearch instance.
When configuring Sensei, the GUI recommends to use Mongodb with up to 2 days of traffic data, and use Elasticsearch for longer periods, but as said, the installer won't let me install it.

I'm a bit stuck here. Should I - against the recommendations - use Mongodb with a longer retention period, or should I somehow seek to install Sensei with Elasticsearch?

The system is a Barracuda F18 (dual Atom-based, memory and storage upgraded to 8 GB RAM, 128GB SSD) and Sensei is its main task, it's not running any other resource-heavy services.

athurdent:
With an SSD and 8G RAM, I'd opt for Elasticsearch. I tried Mongo with more than 2 days in the past, and it was really slow displaying statistics compared to Elasticsearch.

dinguz:
The installer doesn't offer me the option to install Elasticsearch. Can I bypass this restriction somehow?

sy:
Hi,

You can bypass by adding a static CPU score then can be installed Elasticsearch. Please follow the instructions:

- Open this this file: /usr/local/opnsense/scripts/OPNsense/Sensei/check_hardware.sh
- Add 37. line CPU_SCORE=301000
like;

CPU_SCORE=301000
if [ $CPU_SCORE -le 300000 ];

dinguz:
Thanks for the info, I'll try it out.

Edit: it's running now, first impressions are fine. I now need to let it sit for a couple of days to allow data to be gathered, and then see how it goes. To be continued.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version