Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - merrins63

#1
Hi all,

I'm troubleshooting a VLAN issue that appeared after upgrading to OPNsense 26.7.4 / FreeBSD 15.1.

My setup is roughly:
Cisco 2960X
    |
Po3 LACP / 802.1Q
    |
Intel X550 ix0 + ix1
    |
  lagg0
    |
 VLAN interfaces
    |
 OPNsense bridges
    |
Kea DHCP

I also have an Intel i226 2.5 GbE trunk, with corresponding VLAN interfaces bridged to the X550/LAGG VLAN interfaces.

This affects all VLANs traversing the Cisco 2960X /   Intel X550 LAGG path. VLAN 15 is simply the VLAN I am using for troubleshooting.

Clients on the Cisco side fail DHCP and remain on 169.254.x.x.

Cisco switch looks healthy: Po3 is UP, both LACP members are bundled, VLAN 15 is forwarding, and the test client MAC is correctly learned on its VLAN 15 access port.

The interesting part is simultaneous packet captures of the same DHCP transaction:

bridge1:      DHCP REQUEST ✓   ACK ✓
vlan0.1.15:   DHCP REQUEST ✓   ACK ✓
lagg0:        DHCP not visible
ix0 / ix1:    DHCP not visible

Kea therefore appears to receive the request and generate an ACK, but the client never receives/configures the lease.

I found FreeBSD bug 276936, describing packet-forwarding problems involving ixgbe, VLAN interfaces and bridges. The topology isn't identical, but it looks potentially relevant.

Has anyone experienced similar issues with OPNsense 26.7, Intel X550, LAGG/LACP, VLANs and bridges, or have suggestions for further diagnostics?

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I am stuck until I can fix this, as my network relies on the VLAN Bridges to connect my home network

Thanks in advance