Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - toby

#1
Have you tried plugging in the network cable?
Haha, no, uh, did you go to Services->GWTF->Settings and set that up first?
#2
The source is now public, free for all to see, fork and poke holes in. Current version is 1.9.11.

https://github.com/tobydoig/opnsense-gowiththeflow

toby
#3
Quote from: Monviech (Cedrik) on August 25, 2026, 04:22:41 PMI know I could download the package and extract it but not having the source code browsable (since its in a private repo) is a bit meh.

Once the plugin is more developed and feature rich (and stable), then I'll switch the repo to public. Until then I don't really want to invite code-related comments. For now, focus on the product and whether it offers something useful to you.
#4
Go With The Flow (GWTF) is a plugin I'm actively working on, so there are frequent updates.
It's freely available, so have at it.

https://github.com/tobydoig/gowiththeflow-pkg-repo

I started it because I wanted to see live traffic graphs showing host names, not IP addresses. I tried ntopng (didn't like it) and ZenArmor (required a license), the built-in graphs and Top Talkers didn't show what I wanted (and showed IPs). So my live graph and details page shows local and remote host names, it pulls local ones from dnsmasq and sniffing dns etc. DPI is going to be worked on this week.

My needs are simple, my home network is simple, I'm not interested in pushing the limits with a home lab, so I'm not trying to compete with the full enterprisey features that other plugins have. That said, I'm open to adding features that may be beyond my direct needs.

Anyway, have a play. It's free and easy to install.
toby
#5
Zenarmor (Sensei) / Re: Zenarmor and local hostname
August 25, 2026, 03:53:55 PM
Quote from: rumshot on May 26, 2026, 11:40:30 AMHello,

I am trying to make Zenarmor display local hostnames instead of only IP addresses in reports/sessions, but I cannot make it work despite multiple tests.


Found the same problem, I get you need a paid subscription to solve this and I think that's all BS. So...I started writing my own plugin. It's freely available, is under active development so currently seeing frequent updates.

It's not a replacement for Zenarmor, not trying to match the features. I'm doing this primarily for my own needs. Having said that, I'm happy to consider feature requests.

There are a few reports it exposes, but my focus right now are the live screens which shows source and destination traffic (with host names where possible, not IPs). Local host names are pulled from Dnsmasq. Not doing DPI yet but that is next on the list, so will get even better at showing actual host names.

https://github.com/tobydoig/gowiththeflow-pkg-repo

toby