Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - power13

#1
I tested with iperf with the router, but through the router too. No difference, same results.

Tried with the --affinity switch on client side, the one core had about 30% load, seems not to be a bottleneck.
Cannot use --affinity on the server side, as its not my iperf server :-). But server side is from Init7, they have a very good reputation and also provide 25GBit/s internet.

Tested with "sysctl net.inet.tcp.sendbuf_max=16777216", unfortunately same result.

I have a bridge configured between two 1G LAN interfaces. 10G interfaces are not part of the bridge. Disabled the bridge and the two 1G LAN interfaces too. Did not make any difference.

I cannot get more than 5.63-6.0 Gbits/sec.

Could it depend on the SFP+ module I chose?
What else may it be?
#2
I tested with

iperf3 -P 16 -c speedtest.init7.net -R -t 60
and got

[SUM]   0.00-62.36  sec  42.1 GBytes  5.80 Gbits/sec  106677             sender
[SUM]   0.00-60.00  sec  42.1 GBytes  6.03 Gbits/sec                  receiver

I found someone in a blog got about 7.5gbps https://blog.shade.sh/index.php/archive/2116

During iperf test, only 3-4 CPUs / Threads have load, the other do not have load.

What I think is, I have only 3 queues per interface, so load will not distribute over more CPUs / threads?

sysctl dev.ax.1.channels_info
dev.ax.1.channels_info:
Pre-set maximums:
RX:             2
TX:             2
Other:          0
Combined:       3

Current hardware settings:
RX:             0
TX:             0
Other:          0
Combined:       3

vmstat -i
...
irq82: ax0:dev_irq                   730          0
irq84: ax0                         46169         29
irq86: ax0:rxq0                  3726781       2321
irq87: ax0:rxq1                  4808525       2995
irq88: ax0:rxq2                  2124617       1323
irq89: ax1:dev_irq                     6          0
irq91: ax1                         43441         27
irq93: ax1:rxq0                  4480174       2790
irq94: ax1:rxq1                  3908571       2434
irq95: ax1:rxq2                  3606745       2246
...

Can someone confirm their DEC750 has only 3 queues too?

However, these 3 CPUs / threads are about 40-50%, not 100% during measure.
So it might not be the bottleneck.
#3
Hi guys

What I have:
  • DEC750
  • AMD Ryzen Embedded V1500B (4 cores, 8 threads) 
  • OPNsense 26.7.3_8-amd64, FreeBSD 15.1-RELEASE-p3
  • Ubiquiti SFP+ Modul UACC-CM-RJ45-MG (compatible according to https://docs.opnsense.org/hardware/sfp_compatibility.html)
  • Intel X550-T1 in computer for testing (used driver installed from Windows 11 or newest driver from Intel 04.09.2025, 4.1.267.0)
  • Cat6 cables

What I tuned according to https://docs.opnsense.org/troubleshooting/performance.html
  • net.isr.bindthreads = 1
  • net.isr.maxthreads = -1
  • net.inet.rss.enabled = 1
  • net.inet.rss.bits = 2

However, with https://www.speedtest.net/, iperf3 or with 32G filedownload from https://speedtest.init7.net/en.html, I only get 5-5.5gbps ...

I tested from computer to opnsense.
But also from computer through opnsense to speedtest.init7.net.

I tested with

iperf3 -c speedtest.init7.net
I tested in WSL but also in Windows 11 with iperf3, same result.

I doubt its on the performance of my internet provider ...

What am I missing that I do not get the 8.5-10gbps?

Regards
power13
#4
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="239"] [4f14367e-d50c-482a-a47f-7f2a0b133231] get monit status
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="240"] [1c1e7a75-c97e-4eaf-835d-4bb625e52f20] generate template OPNsense/Monit
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="241"] generate template container OPNsense/Monit
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="242"]  OPNsense/Monit generated //usr/local/etc/monitrc
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="243"]  OPNsense/Monit generated //etc/rc.conf.d/monit
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="244"] [2d0fb605-a56d-4af9-a8d9-aab0d1faadac] testing monit configuration
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="245"] [46c30194-9ba9-425f-94e1-0bfa0c4550a7] reload monit configuration
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="246"] [ff607578-5fae-466e-b08c-d9433eddf7cb] system status
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="247"] [13e90899-8209-4b33-99b1-d64c97da02ef] get monit status
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="248"] [646427b1-518f-4897-8d72-4ae8d375ae9d] Show disk usage
configd.py 594 - [meta sequenceId="249"] [f65f9fba-9988-42b9-a322-76592e0c124c] trigger config changed even

Looks good to me, no errors. But same result.

Config check is fine too.

monit -t
Control file syntax OK
#5
I could confirm this in a freshyl installed OPNsense 26.1.4-amd64.

LoadAvg15 was not present in /usr/local/etc/monitrc already, looks broken after installation.

When deleting and re-adding LoadAvg5, LoadAvg5 is not configured anymore in /usr/local/etc/monitrc.
After restoring configuration, LoadAvg5 is present again in /usr/local/etc/monitrc.

However, without restoring configuration, LoadAvg5 is not written anymore into /usr/local/etc/monitrc.

May anybody test this with another OPNsense version?
#6
Hi guys

When I delete LoadAvg15 in Services --> Monit --> Settings --> Service Tests Settings and add it again with the same definition in the Web UI, its not in /usr/local/etc/monitrc anymore.

If I modify LoadAvg1 or LoadAvg5 in the Web UI, changes are written in /usr/local/etc/monitrc as expected.

But whatever I do, I cannot add LoadAvg15 in Web UI, so it would be written in /usr/local/etc/monitrc again.

As I deleted LoadAvg5, I had the same problem. After restoring opnsense configuration, LoadAvg5 was present again and was updated in /usr/local/etc/monitrc.

However, I cannot see any differences between LoadAvg1, LoadAvg5 and LoadAvg15 in the config export:

<test uuid="750c6df9-08d8-4311-b23d-61e1e57ac21c">
        <name>LoadAvg1</name>
        <type>SystemResource</type>
        <condition>loadavg (1min) is greater than 16</condition>
        <action>alert</action>
        <path/>
      </test>
      <test uuid="75e3ff07-7f52-49a1-8acd-a12a666efbbb">
        <name>LoadAvg5</name>
        <type>SystemResource</type>
        <condition>loadavg (5min) is greater than 12</condition>
        <action>alert</action>
        <path/>
      </test>
      <test uuid="08b75292-7e78-4284-b708-a0ee7d217977">
        <name>LoadAvg15</name>
        <type>SystemResource</type>
        <condition>loadavg (15min) is greater than 8</condition>
        <action>alert</action>
        <path/>
      </test>

How can I add LoadAvg15 in Web UI again, so its written to /usr/local/etc/monitrc? Unfortunately I do not have the backup anymore where LoadAvg15 worked ...

I tried to uninstall and install monit again on CLI, but this did not help.

Can anybody confirm the behaviour with monit?

Best regards
power13