English Forums > 23.7 Legacy Series

VPN work only with some version

(1/1)

fffeall:
Hi all, I've an issue in set-upping a client2site VPN.
This problem occures only in OPNsense 23.7.5 >.

It started when I've tried to connect to the vpn from a windows client with the ovpn client 2.6.10, in this case the connection is restarting in loop.
Then I've switched to the 2.5.10 version, and the connection work.

Following thishttps://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=32458.msg164122#msg164122 I've tried to insert the option providers legacy default, but it didn't work, neither in Windows with the 2.6.10 nor my Linux machine (also with openvpn 2.6.10).

Firstly I thought it was an issue related to the openssl version (the 3. version), but if I try to connect from my OPNsense (23.7.5, openssl 1.1.1w) it continue to restart the connection.

If I try with a older version of OPN (like 22.7.11) or with a PFsense (last version) the connection works without problem, but I can't find a work around to make this connection work with the newer version.

The VPN is a classic SSL/TSL, with a user and pw + a certificate, plus in advanced options "providers legacy default".

I don't have any significative error, just a "Connection reset, restarting [0]" in loop.

What I'm asking is if there is a workaround to connect the newer version client to the older server.

Thaks to all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version