English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Sensei on OPNsense - Application based filtering

<< < (228/235) > >>

sy:
Hi @JRC and @IsaacFL,

Zenarmor warns due to you try to add a LAGG interface. Zenarmor uses netmap that is an Operating System subsystem to grab packets off the wire and netmap is not fully compatible with LAGG interfaces yet. The netmap team works about it but we don't have a date yet about when will it be fully compatible.

Normally we advise adding the parent interface if you have child interface(s) but for LAGG interfaces it could be caused by a Network outage. So you do the correct way by adding a child interface.

We have Zenarmor users that are using with LAGG interfaces. So please try it and contact to us if you have any problem.

annih:
I am trying to get Zenarmor to work but when I enable the plugin I lose access to the box and the network falls over.  I see a new message in the console like "drop mbuf that needs checksum offload".  Aside from that, no other obvious errors or issues.

I have a LAN interface with 1 native VLAN and a tagged VLAN and then two WAN ports.  I have added on the physical LAN interface, not the child ones.  The NIC is a 340-T4.  I am on opnsense 22.1.

Any starting points?

sy:
Hi,

Are the options are selected as in the attached picture (Interface - Settings)?

annih:
Thank you - that did the job!  Out of curiosity, any performance impacts I should consider with offloads disabled?

almodovaris:
If the processor is fast enough, there are no performance losses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version