English Forums > Tutorials and FAQs

[Tutorial] - How to configure fq_codel for comcast to help bufferbloat / QoS

<< < (2/4) > >>

senser:
you can simplify the rules. Instead of using ip subnetworks, just select direction: in for download queue and direction: out for upload queue.

Tattoofreak:

--- Quote from: senser on October 31, 2020, 09:50:48 pm ---you can simplify the rules. Instead of using ip subnetworks, just select direction: in for download queue and direction: out for upload queue.

--- End quote ---

Are you sure about that? Isn't it the same as in pfSense's FQ_Codel rules where IN is UP and OUT is DOWN as described in the following videolink? I'm not sure about that so that's why I am asking.

https://youtu.be/iXqExAALzR8?t=402

N0_Klu3:
@theogravity, do you know how to get this to work if you're in a dual WAN situation?

I tried to add both to WAN1/WAN2 but it just gimped my connections and killed the dual WAN functionality.

ingvarr:
Hi.
I assume that I am missing some of the basics, but what about passing part of the traffic through VPN?
I have some wireguard interfaces that grab traffic for some of the nodes, and they have their own gateways.
Now, physically that all goes to the same WAN, upon firewall rules with gateway specified.
So, I have:
* WAN1 with shaper rules, gets some traffic.
* WAN_covert_hole87 on Wireguard (physically same WAN1 link), gets some traffic.

Does WAN_covert_hole87 need a separate pair of rules, or shaper applies to anything that goes to the physical interface, no matter virtual gateway ceremonies?

DiHydro:

--- Quote from: donald24 on August 21, 2019, 08:03:35 pm ---I would like to add up, that if you use IPv6 destination/source rules won't match an IPv4-rule, you would better be off setting both rules for up/down to any/any and setting only the direction correct in the rule.
This way it controls the full WAN-line.

--- End quote ---

I was just looking at making this work for ipv6 today, as my new modem is using ipv6 addresses as of a month or so ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version