English Forums > Documentation and Translation

[SOLVED] Open up the wiki to the community

<< < (2/2)

firewall:
This shouldn't be marked as solved, as github is hardly as straightforward as a Wiki.  If you wonder why the repository is strewn with last commits in the realm of "months" and "years" it's because you're limiting contributions to the 10% of users who are willing to even try to figure it out. 

Disclaimer: I'm now on the tail-end of attempt # 3 or 4 to get either nginx or haproxy setup in reverse mode and yet again I've come up short.  Frustrating.   :-[

I feel the user base would expand greatly with either UX improvements or documentation overhaul...and since more people can write than can code I'd love to see a true Wiki setup.  :-\

Sorry to necro the thread but the topic is still germane.

mimugmail:
Are you aware that "true" Wiki markup language is quite similar to rst-language in github? Have you used Mediawiki before? It's really no fun at all.

Just copy an existing page and put your own content, that's it :)

franco:
As a general rule I don't bite when discussing which is the right and which is the wrong tool chain. We delivered an open sourced documentation and funnily enough other projects followed suit. We're absolutely happy with our current state.

Cheers,
Franco

firewall:

--- Quote from: franco on July 31, 2019, 12:46:32 pm ---We're absolutely happy with our current state.

--- End quote ---

Your project = your decision.  That said I'll make one last point.   ;D

You've used GitHub for maintaining documentation for a year and a half, yet over that time it's not been greatly improved and you still have users griping about lack of info.  Rather strong supporting argument to reconsider, but again, these are facts for your consideration alone.

franco:
> You've used GitHub for maintaining documentation for a year and a half, yet over that time it's not been greatly improved and you still have users griping about lack of info.

Nothing like reviving a good old thread. :)

Since sharing your opinion 46 commits went into the docs.git.

What do you consider "greatly improved"?

How will you help especially since you have rather significant reservations?

Or have you been helping since? In that case thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Franco

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version