Archive > 17.7 Legacy Series

radvd[...]: sendmsg: Permission denied

<< < (2/6) > >>

gothbert:

--- Quote from: marjohn56 on June 03, 2018, 07:16:53 pm ---Can I ask what hardware you are using?

--- End quote ---

It is a Supermicro X11SBA-LN4F board with 4 Intel i210 Ethernet Controllers on board. It sits behind a Fritz!Box 6490 Cable that connects me to the internet via cable modem.

marjohn56:
Checking back through the archives there seems to be several users running these boards, no-one else has reported this issue.

Have you tried a clean install and configuring from scratch?

I know I have had problems in the past where a config has got corrupted in some way and just copying it from an old installation to a new one did not help. A clean install and a new config fixed my issues. I know it's a pain, but that would be the first thing I'd try.

gothbert:

--- Quote from: marjohn56 on June 03, 2018, 11:07:17 pm ---I know I have had problems in the past where a config has got corrupted in some way and just copying it from an old installation to a new one did not help. A clean install and a new config fixed my issues. I know it's a pain, but that would be the first thing I'd try.

--- End quote ---

That appeared such a painful workaround for me, given alone the large amount of hostnames configured in unbound, that I continued to search the internets and found this: https://forum.netgate.com/topic/58316/no-dhcpv6-on-internal-net-radvd-issue-sendmsg-permission-denied

With some further trial-and-error work, I found out that the message appears if and only if the only configured zone in the captive portal is active. Zone turned off: no message, zone turned on: message.

Further inspired by the cited article, I disabled all firewall rules on the local net the captive portal was assigned to. But this did not make the message disappear. DHCPv6 is off. Disabling DHCPv4 on this local net did nothing to the message. Neither does removing this local net from forward proxying through Squid.

Maybe this gives some ideas where to further search for the culprit.

Best regards,
Boris

franco:
Hello,

Not sure if related, but on PPPoE radvd isn't reconfigured when "Use IPv4 connectivity" is set and DHCPv6 or SLAAC is used as the WAN IPv6 config type.

https://github.com/opnsense/core/commit/baf292e91a

Cheers,
Franco

marjohn56:
As soon as we've finished with dhclient/dhcp6c stuff I'll be pushing on with the ability to edit dhcpd6 and radvd when in that mode, that may fix this issue as you'll be able to configure it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version