English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Zenarmor blocking video site for Crowdsec training

(1/1)

Greg_E:
Just a note that the latest Zenarmor free in the default config with what little I can turn on is blocking parts of Crowdsec Academy for the free training videos. I had to manually add crowdsec.com and wistia.com to get the videos to play.

I went to live monitoring, and filtered for blocked connections and started to add exclusions (white list) to make things work again.

Just wanted to put out a note on this in case it happens to you. I did check the box to send these exclusions to Zenarmor so hopefully it will be looked at and cleaned up for future use.

IHK:
Hi Greg,

I would like you to know that the category information of "crowdsec.com and wistia.com" has been changed to "online video".
You can rest assured that you will receive the changes with the first update.

Best regards.

Greg_E:
The Crowdsec entry looks like it might have been an error, I can't see anything in my logs, but the site isn't fully loading without it. Might be unhappy because googletagmanger is blocked (and should remain blocked)

The Wistia was some services that said the category was ads. Here are 3 of them
    pipedream.wistia.com
    distillery.wistia.com
   embed-cloudfront.wistia.com   443   Ads   Wistia Video Ads
again reported as an ad. Wistia is just a video platform, or so their page says, but I bet the pricing is low enough that people are using it to create those invasive video ads that take up so much performance. Whois says they are an Amazon company.

Also of much greater concern is this one:

update-master.ixsystems.com   443   Secure Web Browsing

This is the address that all Truenas machines use to check for and receive updates, it absolutely needs to be allowed.

When our students get back next week, I'm sure I'll have a bunch more exceptions to be made.

I can send full data if there is an email I can forward this, I see everything is GEO tagged and I don't want to sort out if that is my location, or my egress to the net, or location of the server being blocked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version