English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Discover "The Beginner's Guide for OPNsense" - A Comprehensive Ebook to Master O

(1/1)

beki:
Hello OPNsense enthusiasts and cybersecurity professionals,

We're thrilled to announce the release of "The Beginner's Guide for OPNsense", a comprehensive ebook designed to help both newcomers and seasoned users maximize the potential of their OPNsense setups. Brought to you by Zenarmor, this guide is a testament to our commitment to the OPNsense community and our belief in open-source security solutions.

What's Inside?

* Step-by-step instructions on configuring and optimizing OPNsense.
* Best practices for network security and performance.
* Insights into advanced features to elevate your OPNsense experience.
Whether you're setting up OPNsense for the first time or looking to deepen your understanding of its capabilities, this guide is packed with valuable information to enhance your cybersecurity strategy.

Download your free copy here:

https://www.zenarmor.com/opnsense-beginner-guide-form?utm_source=website&utm_medium=opnsenseforum&utm_campaign=beginnersguide

We're excited to contribute to the OPNsense community and look forward to your feedback. Dive into the ebook and let's strengthen our networks together!

Zenarmor Team

Greg_E:
Thank you! I just downloaded this and will start reading through it soon.

One comment and not sure if this is possible... In the future, can you compile this as an epub as well as a PDF? epub is nicer on ereaders than PDF due to the flowing text and text sizing. Images are decent on ereaders or at least on my BOOX Tab Ultra C which I bought specifically for technical documents.

You might also consider selling the printed version, some people (myself included) still like the dead tree versions. I'll get back to this after I have time to do some reading.

Greg_E:
Hopefully this post is taken as helpful and not critcal, so far this book looks like a good reference for beginners or new to OPNsense users. I'll post more as I get through the rest of the book (might be a long time though), consider this a running log I guess.

I'm on page 50 right now which just walked through installing v21.x on Proxmox... The screen shots and procedure are very much different to what I see in version 24.x. In addition, I'd suggest walking through the install on real hardware vs any virtualization system, much more straight forward. Put the virtualized procedure in an appendix to go with lab type use. I may also go through and set up a lab in XCP-NG, but this will be many months from now. edit: I see that you did go through a physical install later in the book, but still showing 21.x which is different options from 24.x

I might be able to grab screen shots next week as I work out my documentation for my own use case. This would be on a Supermicro server with 4 port Intel i350 and 2 onboard i211. If I grab these screenshots, do you want them for substitution into this document?

I'd also suggest a mention in the appendix about HP T740 devices, there is some messing around that needs to be done to make them work, I still need to get screenshots of this, but I have a post with the procedure in the forums, search term atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED] or just GIANT-LOCKED, last post has the procedure but no screen shots. I only mention this because the hardware seems robust enough for doing everything, and they can sometimes be found cheap enough to make them a good choice over Protectli and other devices.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version