English Forums > Tutorials and FAQs

Multiple VPN Clients

(1/1)

NetworkNoob:
I am trying to set up multiple privacy VPN clients.
(Same VPN provider, just using different endpoint servers for my main LAN and Guest network)

I have a 4-port Protectli vault, single WAN. I have successfully set up an outbound VPN on my main LAN. I duplicated the same process for a VPN client on the guest network, on the OPNSense dashboard all indicators are green and I have a second VPN IP address showing. However, the machine on that guest interface does not get internet connectivity. If I switch the NAT rule on the guest network to use the same OpenVPN interface as the main LAN everything works.. cant figure out where I am going wrong.

Are there any good guides that would address a setup like this?

FraLem:
Now you shouls create NAT rules to forward all/part of your traffic through those tunnel interfaces.

Hope this helps

NetworkNoob:
Yes, I have outbound NAT rules. However, only 1 of the VPN connections ever works at a time. I have yet to get them both working at once. I do the exact same process for both. Once for my main network and once for the guest network. Everything except the Source interface is identical in the NAT rule.

I have no idea where I am going wrong.

FraLem:
Hi there,
Not clear what your traffic plan should look like.
Yor plan is to forward traffic from your LAN through tunnel1 and traffic from your GUEST network through tunnel 2, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version