English Forums > Intrusion Detection and Prevention

IDS questions

<< < (5/5)

franco:
Hi everfree,

Wow, thanks for the feedback and donation!

You should watch out for 17.1 with FreeBSD 11.0 underneath. We will have a beta version in November, an RC in January and the release just at the end of January 2017. :)

Cheers,
Franco

franco:
Look at that, netmap(4) bug fixed in FreeBSD CURRENT, expecting a swift transition to both 10 and 11.

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/commit/c9c991ee76

Great work by sbruno@ and luigi@ for pinning this down.

PS: Already in our repo. ;)

dcol:
Been a while since I posted here. Just installed the latest OPNsense 17.7 and figured I have a new box, lets try it out. This box is a Supermicro 5018-FTN4 with an 8 core Intel Atom C2758 and i354 Quad NIC.

Setup went great with one static WAN and one LAN subnet. Seems to work fine until I enable IPS inline which kills the internet connection. Seems to work in non inline mode (IPS unchecked). Also noticed that when IPS is selected, Unbound DNS service keeps restarting. I just used all the default settings in IDS except I tried to use Hyperscan and that didn't work either.

One more note, tried Suricata inline using PFsense on this new box and it also didn't work. But the internet connection was ok, just no alerts. I also tried a known tested Intel i210T1 NIC on the WAN and it still didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version