English Forums > General Discussion

mimugmail repo: Upcoming Unifi Plugin Upgrade will break your config

(1/13) > >>

mimugmail:
EDIT: This only affects you if you have enabled my comunity repo: https://www.routerperformance.net/opnsense-repo/

Hi,

for a couple of months there were no updates on the community repo, cause of the fact that FreeBSD updated the unifi7 port with v7.4 that it get's bundled with mongodb4.4 instead of mongodb3.6 (which is EoL). The problem is, that there is no upgrade path between 3.6 to 4.4 and Unifi solved this in Windows/Linux a different way than the FreeBSD guys :)

So, in my tests I failed 100% of all upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4 or 7.5, which means, after upgrade you can use your wifi but can't login into the controller. To fix this, you need download a backup of Unifi and head over to CLI:

service unifi stop

pkg remove os-unifi7-maxit unifi7

rm -rf /usr/local/share/java/unifi/*

pkg install os-unifi7-maxit

Browse to your controller and restore from backup.

If you know a better way, I'm happy for any help.

Right now I need to do this cause of the openssl111 trouble beginning with 23.7.7 (where FreeBSD is responsible, not OPNsense).

meyergru:
Is the transition already active? I am asking because I did not have the plugin installed as of yet and wanted to try as a fresh install. Neither of the two plugins os-unifi7-maxit and os-unifi-maxinit can be installed because of missing dependencies on openssl:

--- Code: ---pkg: libevent has a missing dependency: openssl
pkg: mongodb36 has a missing dependency: openssl

--- End code ---

Also, I was surprised to see a mongodb36 dependency on both packages, I should have expected mongodb44 in os-unifi7-maxit?

mimugmail:
As I said, "upcoming", it's a warning everyone using it should take a backup before I push the release.

v4npro:
Thanks mimugmail. Patiently waiting for release.

--- Quote from: mimugmail on October 26, 2023, 01:17:03 pm ---Hi,

for a couple of months there were no updates on the community repo, cause of the fact that FreeBSD updated the unifi7 port with v7.4 that it get's bundled with mongodb4.4 instead of mongodb3.6 (which is EoL). The problem is, that there is no upgrade path between 3.6 to 4.4 and Unifi solved this in Windows/Linux a different way than the FreeBSD guys :)

So, in my tests I failed 100% of all upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4 or 7.5, which means, after upgrade you can use your wifi but can't login into the controller. To fix this, you need download a backup of Unifi and head over to CLI:

service unifi stop

pkg remote os-unifi7-maxit unifi7

rm -rf /usr/local/share/java/unifi/*

pkg install os-unifi7-maxit

Browse to your controller and restore from backup.

If you know a better way, I'm happy for any help.

Right now I need to do this cause of the openssl111 trouble beginning with 23.7.7 (where FreeBSD is responsible, not OPNsense).

--- End quote ---

mimugmail:
Just updated the repo ... be prepared:

https://www.reddit.com/r/opnsense/comments/17hl1ge/opnsense_community_repo_updated_fixes_openssl111/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version