English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Zenarmor only blocking some destinations - config

(1/2) > >>

Visnor:
I installed Zenarmor to easily maintain kids policies on specific devices with fixed IPs on VLAN. I am running Zenarmor on LAN with a policy set up for those specific IPs. Did just the basic configuration after the install.

But only some content is blocked - Steam app for example gets blocked but all web pages work as usual.

Running UnBound as well so probably some important set up bit is missing? Only DNS requests to the firewall are allowed while everything else is blocked by firewall rules.

Update:takes about 10 minutes to refresh for the policy to 'notice' new blocks. So that's fine.
Anyway would like to understand why the delay?

sy:
Hi,

Do you try to block everything with the policy? Can you give a bit more detail about the policy or simply share a bug report from the upper right corner of Zenarmor GUI by selecting Zenarmor config and logs checkboxes.

Visnor:
For the testing I now blocked youtube in the default policy (so should apply for any device if I understand it right)

It gets logged in the Reports -> Activity Explorer

--- Quote ---www.youtube.com | Visits: 3 | Categories : Encrypted, IP Queried, Online Video, Reference, SSL, SSL V3, Technology and Computer, Web Browsing | 4.42 KB/23.18 KB

--- End quote ---

Zenarmor tels me it is blocked in the Live Session Explorer

By Firefox happily loads youtube

beki:
You may try to disable QUIC UDP Connection under Application Control / Media Streaming

Visnor:
Not sure where "Application Control / Media Streaming" is. Set up a rule to block all UDP 433 outbound traffic if that's what you mean but that didn't help. Live view is not showing any traffic there when trying to access youtube.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version