Archive > 22.7 Legacy Series

Unbound blocklist does not seem to be working since update to 22.7.9

<< < (3/4) > >>

IsaacFL:
I just applied patch, and it seems to have fixed it.

Fright:
great, thanks for the feedback!

aimdev:
I have not enabled dns64, but experienced this issue after update.
I 'cleared it' by reloading the block list, in the past there was a message stating the number of records dowbloaded.
I also added a url https://block.energized.pro/ultimate/formats/domains.txt to see if that fixed it.
Today there was a power outage, so when the power came back, a cold restart was required.
The lack of blocking issue returned.
I pressed the apply button, no message and the little wheel indicator momentarily displayed.
I pressed  apply  again and the indicator was visible for longer, and behold after clearing the browser cache, no more adverts.
I did search this board and this phenomena occurred in the past.
The upgrade release notes mention this
unbound: rework DNSBL implementation to Python module

Fright:

--- Quote ---I pressed  apply  again and
--- End quote ---
no need to hit button twice - the result will not be better (at least)
you can go to logs and see the blocklists download process ("blocklist download.." records )
if there are errors in the py-module operation, they will also be in the unbound log

IsaacFL:

--- Quote from: aimdev on December 06, 2022, 07:34:46 pm ---I have not enabled dns64, but experienced this issue after update.
I 'cleared it' by reloading the block list, in the past there was a message stating the number of records dowbloaded.
I also added a url https://block.energized.pro/ultimate/formats/domains.txt to see if that fixed it.
Today there was a power outage, so when the power came back, a cold restart was required.
The lack of blocking issue returned.
I pressed the apply button, no message and the little wheel indicator momentarily displayed.
I pressed  apply  again and the indicator was visible for longer, and behold after clearing the browser cache, no more adverts.
I did search this board and this phenomena occurred in the past.
The upgrade release notes mention this
unbound: rework DNSBL implementation to Python module

--- End quote ---

I don’t know if this is your issue, but earlier this week the energized list was down. So you might try a different list to verify.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version