English Forums > General Discussion

Multi-WAN DNS Failover for Wireguard VPN

(1/2) > >>

FullyBorked:
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to have my Wireguard VPN failover.  In a past life I paid for a DNS failover in our DNS provider.  I was simply trying to figure out if there is a way to make this work at home.  I think I might be able to make dynamic DNS work for me in this way.  But I can't seem to get DynDNS to work when it's bound to my WAN failover group.  And and the new dynamic DNS plugin doesn't even give me an option for my failover group.  Wanted to get some other ideas on how I might make this work other than manually choosing each tunnel. 

tiermutter:
Can you explain what you mean or what you want to achieve?

FullyBorked:
I didn't even know this posted,  I had a lot more information and it hung, I thought it didn't post lol  One moment let me clean this up.

tiermutter:
So you have a multi WAN environment and first of all you want your dynamic DNS to record A / AAAA of the "active" GW in your GW group. Then you want WG to listen on both interfaces and reach the WG server by DDNS from your clients?

I'm doing this by providing DDNS addresses for both WAN inrerfaces. For OVPN I simply set the timeout to a few seconds, then the client tries the second interface. For WG I do not have such a failover, but should work when the tunnel is cloned and the endpoint changed to second interface.

tiermutter:
BTW:
I did'nt get DDNS for multi WAN to work with sense only, for the first interface the sense updates DDNS (legacy) and the second interface is updated by ddclient running in a VW (with FW rules redirecting those requests over second WAN).

Hope that is want you want to achieve...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version