English Forums > General Discussion

can not connect to open computers on network

(1/2) > >>

Yogi195:
Hi All,

this is the second time this has happened last time all i needed to do was restart opnsense. I can not connect to open computers on network the are on the same IP range. i turned on unbounddns for adblocking.

when i found we couldnt connect to a LAN game i found the two computers can not ping each other or connect to the network share setup.

both computers can connect and ping the opnsense router.

i have tried turning off unbound, restoring to a backup i took last time this happened and everything was working when i took it.

i factory reset opnsense and i am still getting the same problem with no setting changed any help would be great

Edit: I should add it's running the latest update and all devices can connect to the internet

Patrick M. Hausen:
How are the devices connected? Do you have a switch? If all devices are plugged into OPNsense, did you set up a LAN bridge?

Yogi195:
No switch,All the devices are connect to an AP on the same network both can not ping my phone but can ping the opensense router

Edit: no bridge mode

Patrick M. Hausen:
Then the OPNsense should not be involved in communication of devices connected to the AP with each other. Check if your access point has got a "client isolation" or similarly named feature. Disable that.

Yogi195:
Randomly started working again why should opnsense be used as a router it handles DNS and dhcp

The ap doesn't have any form of isolation turned on

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version