Archive > 22.7 Legacy Series

"Lookup hostnames" no longer works in Firewall: Log Files: Live View

<< < (2/3) > >>

IsaacFL:
I'm seeing this also. Using Firefox as my default browser. Tried clearing browser cache but didn't make a difference.

Tried it with MS Edge and same thing.
This was on Windows 10

I also tried it using Safari on an iPad with same outcome.  Lookup hostnames doesn't work.

JohnnyBeee:
Here is the latest status:
I did some debugging.
First I deactivated DNSCRYPT-PROXY and activated UNBOUND instead. That did not help. So I switched back to DNSCRYPT-PROXY.
Then I noticed in the Firewall log an error saying that a FQDN in an alias could not be resolved (or something similar). So I removed that alias and emptied the Firewall log - That seemed to have solved the issue with "Auto refresh" unchecking.
Then I removed the reference to a particularly large alias I had recently added (1400 IPs) from another Alias (type "Network group") and BINGO: the reverse DNS worked again for the Firewall log.
Strangely enough, after I checked the large alias in the Network group alias again, the reverse DNS still works   ???

So I guess this is solved  8)

JohnnyBeee:
The issue is back...
No luck with any new or previous workarounds.

So any new ideas are most welcome.

Aergan:
Also noticing the issue. Enabling it triggers a refresh that never completes. Reloading Live View seems to hang until it times out.

franco:
I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Franco

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version