English Forums > Documentation and Translation

Downgrade business license to community...

(1/1)

mterry2015:
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for any information on downgrading the business license to the community license. I have an OPNSense appliance that came with a 1yr business license, but I don't know if we are going to keep it when the year is up. So far, I haven't been able to find a straight forward guide to downgrade the license. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

lilsense:
It's under System - Firmware - Settings - Type ( you can choose Business/Community/Development)

franco:
Yep, it's possible at any time to switch between existing community and business edition. The only caveat is that the business edition only comes via the commercial mirror, while the community (and development) version are available from any other mirror.

The firmware settings page is all you need to configure this.

Keep in mind that while you can switch between 22.1 <-> 22.4, if you upgrade 22.1 to 22.7 and you still want the business edition then its counterpart 22.10 must be available, which is still two weeks away.

Cheers,
Franco

ilppari:
Hello

I have also this same situation whilst customer that I have set up Opensense product and customer is not willing to pay that yearly license. How upgrades are going to work. Since this business edition is now 22.10 and if I take community edition I should be checking release notes that there are no things that are "breaking" customers config. That is not very clearly to me.

franco:
> is not willing to pay that yearly license.

Basically you pay to offload the cost of QA and improved release engineering. If you can do that inhouse for 150 Euros a year that's a fair tradeoff I guess...

Cheers,
Franco

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version