English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

why is eastpect locked to a single core

<< < (6/6)

Greg_E:
I'll have to test on my hardware, but lack of multithreaded performance may stop me from using this. If it runs OK on my test system, and runs OK on my future production, then maybe. But as mentioned, it will allow much lower end processors, or much higher throughput in a multithreaded configuration.

johndchch:
the bigger issue is the increased availability of 2.5gbs and higher connections - it's very hard to find a cpu with sufficient single-core speed to handle those kind of speeds in zenarmor - you generally end up with a bottleneck

36thchamber:
correct, 2.5gbit everywhere. On my main 10port switch only 1 device remains 1gbit. Everything including WiFi6E and ISP is 2.5gbit nowadays, and that will go away fast with WiFi7 and regular ISP speed improvements. I've got Gold 8505 CPU, on par with N305, and it's suffocating. I'm puzzled how something 10x faster (in crypto benchmarks up to 200x faster) than a top Arm router struggles with everything, from VPN to ZenArmor. Looks like we will need water cooled Threadripper machines soon.

FullyBorked:

--- Quote from: sy on March 04, 2024, 07:33:56 pm ---Hi All,

We needed to make a bit of differences in our roadmap due to SSE and SASE features. It is kept in roadmap but it seems at the end of this year or at the first quarter of next year.

--- End quote ---

:( disapointing news...  gigabit plus wan and 10 gig lan backbone would have liked to see multicore support.

Greg_E:
I'm going to throw this out there...

As much as I want multithreaded performance, I also want it to be done right! Please don't rush something that immediately breaks when it gets in the hands of people like me with hardware you could never test on. Please just make it right the first time. Just raise the priority a little if possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version