English Forums > Hardware and Performance

LAN device ue0.

(1/1)

chop249:
I'm testing OPNSense on a laptop so I can replace ASUSWRT-Merlin. At the moment for testing purposes, I am connecting WAN to an existing ASUSWRT-Merlin router and connecting the LAN to my laptop. I can get an IP after a reboot but if I disconnect the ethernet cable between the LAN device (ue0) and my laptop then reconnect it I cannot get a DHCP served IP on my laptop till I reboot. What setting do I need to adjust to fix this?
Thanks.

schnipp:
It looks your USB NIC has a Realtek chipset. Unfortunately, FreeBSD (backend of Opensense) has not a good support for USB NICs. I am facing the same problem with my realtek USB NIC connecting my network printer to the Opnsense. After reconnecting the cable you need to reset the USB device manually and reassign its IP address.

At the console you can use the following command to breathe new life into your USB NIC:

--- Code: ---root@opnsense-host:~ # usbconfig -d [i]<device id>[/i] reset && sleep 1 && ifconfig ue0 [i]<IP address>[/i] up

--- End code ---

where <device id> can be retrieved with the following command (first string token of line representing your USB NIC (without colon)), and the IP address is its originally configured IPv4 address and netmask (e.g. 10.1.0.1/24).

--- Code: ---root@opnsense-host:~ # usbconfig

--- End code ---

chop249:
Ugh. Ok. Thanks. I'm guessing PFSense is going to be the same. Trying to get off of ASUSWRT-Merlin. It up and decides to stop working on me randomly after changing an IP address or client name. 🤬

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version