English Forums > General Discussion

OPNsense Keeps Booting and running from Live Mode.

(1/1)

colinc10:
Hello!

I am trying to install OPNsense onto my Virtualbox VM. I am using the ISO from their website and when I boot up the machine, it starts running in "live mode from install media". I then login as installer and select what I would like, and while it appears to work and I can configure it, it resets itself into live mode when I reboot the machine. I have reinstalled the machine completely a couple of times trying to figure out what the issue is and why it does not save anything and ACTUALLY install the firewall on the machine, but I have no solution. When watching setup videos, a line that does not come up on their tutorials but it DOES come up on mine is this: "pw: no such user 'installer' " .  I am not sure if this is the source of the issue but I also do not know how to fix because I am very new to this space. I appreciate any help!! I have also attached a screenshot of what it looks like. Thanks for any help.

HamiltonWDS:
A couple of possibilities:
- Just in case this was not done, to be Capt. Obvious... shutdown the machine and remove the ISO. Power up and see if it works.
- Otherwise, the WAN's IP Address with DHCP may be of the same subnet (192.168.1.0/24) and I have seen causes issues when it is the same as the LAN's IP. Before installing, log in as "root" and change the LAN IP schema to something else, like 192.168.2.1 /24. Then log out and log in as "installer".

warhawk8080:
from the console

It will install the "live" setup to the harddrive

per the docs
https://docs.opnsense.org/manual/install.html#install-to-target-system

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version