English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Sensei throughput cap despite high-performance device

(1/2) > >>

Nanrada Suwam:
I am running OPNSense on a dedicated i7 CPU with 32 GB of memory and 6 gbps ports. Ubench CPU 1132791 and Ubench MEM 2337171. My internet connection is 1 gpbs.

Before installing and enabling Sensei, average throughput on fast.com or speedtest.com was close to 1.0 gbps with a usual overhead penalty. But when Sensei is installed and active on LAN ports (L3 mode with either native or generic nmap driver), throughput drops to 250 mbps - mere 25% of available bandwidth. CPU is idling and never goes above 15%.

I installed the new 20.7.3-netmap driver - but that didn't change the throughput at all.

What am I doing wrong? What troubleshooting data would you like to see?

pg betflik

athurdent:
Speed may also on your network card/driver. Which card is in there?
https://www.sunnyvalley.io/docs/introduction/hardware-requirements#ethernet-adapter

sy:
Hi,

It could be a netmap issue. Please try in bypass mode (Zenarmor GUI - Status- Services - Zenarmor PAcket Engine - Enter Bypass Mode) and send a bug report from the upper right corner of GUI by selecting all checkboxes.

almodovaris:
I don't know. I use an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz with 16 GB RAM and an Intel 1 Gbps network card. It delivers 600 Mbps download speed from 600 Mbps nominal speed, with Sensei fully enabled.

I don't think there is a real speed difference between native netmap and emulated netmap, but I found the emulated netmap to work smoother.

almodovaris:
According to top eastpect uses 40% to 50% of a single core of the processor at 600 Mbps download speed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version