English Forums > General Discussion

opnsense port [Lan] aint working anymore

(1/1)

process:
I've previously changed the default ip on opnSense from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.19 trough the installation wizard.
Now I wanted to change it again, so I changed it directly trough the interface [Lan] row where it said "192.168.1.19" to "192.168.5.19".
After that I can't "find" opnSense trough the url anymore and that port only gives me an "unidentified network" when connecting to it.

If I connect directly to my opnSense hardware (hdmi) and starts it up, it does say when it list my interfaces that the lan ip is 192.168.5.19. I don't really know how to continue on this, is it possible to reset the lan ip's to default or something?

I tried to login but it said something that it was unable to do that trough this environment (or something similar). My admin user is disabled..

bartjsmit:
You can set the interface IP addresses through the console

process:
Isn't it the console? Im new a opnsense so I might missunderstand but I'm not at the browser..

--- Quote from: bartjsmit on September 19, 2022, 09:28:35 am ---You can set the interface IP addresses through the console

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: process on September 18, 2022, 11:23:52 pm ---If I connect directly to my opnSense hardware (hdmi) and starts it up, it does say when it list my interfaces that the lan ip is 192.168.5.19. I don't really know how to continue on this, is it possible to reset the lan ip's to default or something?

I tried to login but it said something that it was unable to do that trough this environment (or something similar). My admin user is disabled..

--- End quote ---

Patrick M. Hausen:
You need to configure your PC to an IP address in the 192.168.5.x/24 network to access the web interface again.

process:

--- Quote from: pmhausen on September 30, 2022, 03:24:20 pm ---You need to configure your PC to an IP address in the 192.168.5.x/24 network to access the web interface again.

--- End quote ---

Awesome it works! Thanks!! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version