Archive > 22.7 Legacy Series

schedule issue in rules

(1/1)

jaydub:
I have setup a schedule for rules, and I have chosen Mondays-Fridays on the calendar of the schedule in Opnsense.  However, that firewall rule to block all traffic on that vlan during that time still is doing it on Saturdays and Sundays. 

The schedule looks like this:
------------------------------------------
No_Internet   {name of schedule}
August 22 - 26    {dates selected for schedule}
August 29 - 31
September 1 - 2
September 5 - 9
September 12 - 16
September 19 - 23
September 26 - 30
October 3 - 7
October 10 - 14
October 17 - 21
October 24 - 28
October 31
November 1 - 4
November 7 - 11
November 14 - 18
November 21 - 23
November 28 - 30
December 1 - 2
December 5 - 9   

9:30-10:15   {Time for Schedule}
Fall%20Semester {Time range description}
---------------------

My firewall rule on that VLAN calls for that schedule above named "No_internet" and it works on the dates listed but for some reason it also works on the dates not listed too.  Currently on OPNsense 22.7.3_2-amd64 but was this way on my 22.1 versions too.

What am I doing wrong?

jaydub:
Is anyone else having this issue? 

jaydub:
For anyone having the same issue, I had to create a different schedule of when I wanted to allow access then create a pass rule with this schedule.  Then following this rule I created a block all rule and it seems to work. Not as simple, but it works.

jaydub:
I thought schedules were working, then they weren't.  I did some digging and I think there is a bug. I am running OPNsense 22.7.4-amd64

I did some testing today and I was able to get one to work and another didn't but they are both created the same way with the same dates and times. I can't see any difference in the rules other than in the schedule list page it shows the times (same times) in a different column. I can't post a screenshot but I will attach it so you can see the little clock showing the schedule is active but when you look at the dates it should not be active.

Today is September 26th.  Clearly you can see the first schedule, called 24hr, is not listed to work on Sept 26th yet the little clock icon shows it is active today for some reason. When testing, the "days off" schedule I initially made the dates Sept 24-25 and Oct 1-2. It didn't show the clock icon and in my rules list it was gray as it should be as today is not an active day. I then went back and edited that rule to add everything you see there but when I chose "Saturday and Sunday" URLs it is listed differently but as you see it. Even now, after updating the second rule, it's still working correctly.

Why is the 24hr schedule showing active on dates it's not supposed to be active? Is it a bug or a feature?

Thanks,
Jay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version